Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Newbie August 2022 Ontario

Considering Postponing 2021 Wedding to 2022

Sarah, on January 21, 2021 at 13:31 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5

Hey everyone! With everything, we're looking at postponing all or a portion of the wedding to 2022 so we can celebrate with everyone that we imagined celebrating with. We still want to legally get married this summer though & I'm just not sure what that would look like. Couples who are postponing- Are you having a small ceremony on the original date/ going to the courthouse? On the new date are you just having dinner & dancing?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 21, 2021 at 17:45
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your actual wedding being small can take place as planned and Vow renewal or Reception for the later celebration with the full guest list. A thought to keep in mind and still have your vendors take pictures of the small wedding if they accept to come out.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting married in a ceremony at our venue with however many people are allowed. If we can't have a reception on that day, then we'll have one a year or whenever later. We likely won't reenact the ceremony or anything like that and our "vow renewal" (for the lack of a better term) will probably look more like a toast done from our head table or the podium at the reception. We'll be wearing our wedding outfits again though cuz why not, right? We bought them, they cost a pretty penny, so might as well find an excuse to wear them again! We'll have our dance, show pictures and video from the actual day, and activities will depend on what's allowed/what we feel like by the time comes.

• Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I decided we will be getting married in May regardless. If it is 10 or less guest list then my Fiance decided it best to move forward with baby number 2 then we can have the party after that. In a perfect well planned, well timed world we would want the party next summer late august/early september. My fiance also said he would want some what of a vow renewal so all the guests who could not attend could witness it. I am not to keen on the idea of a vow renewal a year and a bit past our wedding day haha. I think I woud just like to have dinner and dancing!

That being said I am continuing to stay positive so we dont have to do all that.

• Sarah
    Newbie August 2022 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds beautiful! Thank you for sharing Smiley smile

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got married in November with a super small 10 person ceremony. We still hope to have our reception at some point in the near future.
    We got dressed up in our wedding outfits and we took professional photos. We streamed the ceremony for my family who couldn’t be there. Due to restrictions we had dinner at home by ourselves but we made a nice cheese board and ordered food from a nice restaurant. We also zoomed with our families after dinner.
    We still want to have everything we originally planned for at our reception but we won’t be doing any sort of vow renewal/reenactment of the ceremony.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics