Skip to main content
Christy
Curious September 2017 British Columbia

Comfortable shoes

Christy, on March 28, 2017 at 15:19 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 19
Saved
Who is wearing nice flats to their wedding instead of heels ? I would love to wear a really small heel but I'm getting married outside and will be at the beach for pictures etc. I was thinking maybe something like in the pictures I've attached ? I dunno though... my dress is a ball gown, sparkly on top. Also, I'm afraid to order online as it may not fit? My feet are narrow! Any advice or where I can look? Or post a pic of your low heels(sandals or shoes) or flats 馃槈

Comfortable shoes - 1

Comfortable shoes - 2

Comfortable shoes - 3

19 Comments

Latest activity by Danielle, on April 2, 2017 at 18:42
  • Danielle
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Danielle
    • Dispute

Hey not a problem! Smiley smile they have some nice ones

• Stephanie
    Devoted June 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie
    • Dispute
    I am wearing flats as well as I walk like a newborn calf in heels 馃槀.Also my fianc茅 is a little shorter than me and I don't want to tower over him!
  • Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin
    • Dispute

I am in the same boat as you, the ceremony is on grass and we will be outside for majority of the pictures so heels are not a sensible idea. These are the shoes I want and love. The first pair are stunning but they are pricey, so I saw the second pair at davids bridal. Still unsure on which pair I will end up getting because I love the first ones but this is my idea. Still beautiful and will be super comfy to wear all night

bagdeley mischalka

davids bridal

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura
    • Dispute

And now I am off to search amazon for shoes! Thank you! Smiley heart

• Danielle
    Danielle
    • Dispute
    Amazon I got those
  • Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa
    • Dispute
    The shoes you have pictured are beautiful!! They'd compliment any dress!! Heel height is a tough choice! Wear what's comfortable, what you are used to! I don't wear heels in my everyday life, so I wouldn't wear them to my wedding. If I were getting married on a beach, I'd likely wear my Birkenstocks, or go barefoot, lol!! For our wedding, I'm wearing my cowboy boots! It's a big part of who I am, and it fits our theme and venue. There's a risk to buying online too, especially if your feet are difficult to fit!! I have big feet, and I've only ever bought shoes online once, but that was to replace a pair in the same style, so i knew exactly what to get. Good luck!!
  • Laura
    Laura
    • Dispute

I love these where did you get them? If you don't mind sharing!

• Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon
    • Dispute
    I'm doing cute royal blue flats. Partly for comfort and partly because my fianc茅 and I are the same height
  • Athena
    Beginner July 2018 Ontario
    Athena
    • Dispute
    I'll be wearing flats or custom converse for my day. Go with what's comfortable for you!Smiley smile
  • Danielle
    Danielle
    • Dispute

I am gonna be wearing comforable shoes at the end of the night for the pictures ill be in heels but not too high!

My shoes

My shoes

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda
    • Dispute
    I'm wearing flats too! My FH is only about 3 inches taller than me and I really like being the short one! Haha. But I really don't like wearing heals regardless, and I wasn't about to be uncomfortable for our wedding... there's already a million other things and emotions going on, my feet are not going to be what I want to worry about!
  • Laura
    Laura
    • Dispute

I like heels, which is surprising for someone who is 6'2, but likely due to all the rude "you can't wear heels! You're too tall!" comments I get. I am contrary and like to do what people tell me I can't Smiley smile I am planning on a wedge heel under 2 inches for my wedding. Red and sparkley, a little pop for when my feet do show Smiley smile

• Leah
    Frequent user April 2017 Quebec
    Leah
    • Dispute
    My shoes. My dress is short so people will see them

Comfortable shoes - 1
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan
    • Dispute

Not sure what I will be wearing for footwear yet but it sure won't be heels! Will likely be sandals and I will probably run around barefoot most the day Smiley smile Seems to be what I do at outdoor weddings haha

• Jessica
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Jessica
    • Dispute
    I've never worn heels in my life and my wedding day won't be the day I start... I'm totally wearing a pair of converse! Ball gown or not lol
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine
    • Dispute
    Flats... It is physically impossible for me to wear heels... I can get them on but no walking.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin
    • Dispute

I am wearing a small wedge shoe for my outdoor wedding. I understand your worry about shoes not fitting that you buy online. If you are ok with your shoes being a little less glamourous, I have found that Toms fit very true to size. I have also seem some ladies on here say they would wear them for their weddings.

You'll be comfortable and stylish! Smiley smile

• Breann
    Beginner September 2018 Ontario
    Breann
    • Dispute
    I'm definitely wearing flats! You likely won't see the shoes anyway, comfort for the win!!
  • Christy
    Curious September 2017 British Columbia
    Christy
    • Dispute
    Or these. Under a 2" heel

Comfortable shoes - 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics