Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alissa
Frequent user September 2020 British Columbia

Comfiest wedding shoes? Suggestions!

Alissa, on August 29, 2018 at 16:34 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 12
I work on my feet, have zero arch and angry bunions...i gave up on the idea of wearing heels and opted for glitter sneakers. But my bridal party is not having it haha. Does any one have suggestions for the comfiest but still nice looking pair of heels for at least the ceremony? I'd rather just wear sneakers than opt for the naturalizer/orthopedic looking shoes...

Comfiest wedding shoes? Suggestions! 1

12 Comments

Latest activity by Janelle, on September 17, 2018 at 21:51
  • Janelle
    Beginner July 2019 Ontario
    Janelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the key to having a happy and stress free wedding is making choices for yourself, and not for other people. Even down to your shoes! Smiley smile I am getting married outside so heels wouldnt be a good idea. I think they would just dig into the grass and make it hard to walk (plus I'm like you.. I dont feel comfortable in heels!). I bought some cute sandals at American Eagle on sale for 40 bucks. They are gold and strappy, and they're super comfy!
  • Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Why does it matter what your bridal party says about your shoes? You can't SEE your shoes anyway. I got glittery flats for mine. I'm being comfortable, dammit.

• Samantha
    Beginner September 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm wearing white converse. Wear what's comfiest for you!

• Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am going to go with purple glitter sneakers for my wedding. You're going to be on your feet the whole day so you definitely want to wear something comfortable. Also, the wedding dress is so long they will cover your feet anyways...

• Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I accidentally found a peach color pair of shoes which are 2" wedge but very comfy. I have been wearing them to work for couple of months. Because the shoes are so pretty and the roses match my dress, I looked online for an exact pair in white and I found them. But I also prepare a 3/4" second pairs of shoes for dancing in case the first pair was too much at the end of the evening.

First pairComfiest wedding shoes? Suggestions! 2

Second pairComfiest wedding shoes? Suggestions! 3

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Go with a small wedge sandal with bling on it.

and i'm sorry. your bridesmaids can just be quiet. hahaha. if you wanna wear sparkle sneakers. you DO IT! Smiley smile

a wedding I was in a few years ago. she wore Union Jack chuck taylors because her hubby is from England. it was AWESOME!

• Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got a pointy tie kitten heel because I'm 5'11 and kleinfelds told me I could have higher or my dress would float lol! (my fiancé is also shorter than me already) but my mother has bunions so I know the struggle to find shoes. I would get whatever makes you feel comfortable, and if it's those glitter sneakers then do it! You have to wear them all day after all Smiley smile
  • Samantha
    Curious November 2020 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would go with a really short heel like this picture if you have not already found shoes

Comfiest wedding shoes? Suggestions! 4
  • J
    Beginner August 2019 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Jasmine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t have a clue what I’m gonna wear on my feet, I barely wear heels, but I feel like I have to wear heels for a little lol
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and I bought light up shoes for comfy mode ahahhah!!! Going to be a surprise to our guests when we bust those babies out!!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

SANDALS! If I was literally having any season wedding other than winter I would be in the fanciest pair of sandals you've ever seen.

I've watched enough bridal shows too, to know that all the fashion gurus who shudder at bejewelled sneakers say that sandals are a wonderful happy median.

Wedding SandalsComfiest wedding shoes? Suggestions! 5

• E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could always get a cute pair of flats and put some gel insoles inside. You don’t need to wear heels. And your bridal party doesn’t get a say in what you wear on your feet lol.

There are many options in flats. I have a silver pair. And I’ve seen glitter ones, just plain white or ivory, and I’ve even seen lace ones.

For my first wedding my dress had a big tulle bottom (this was in the 90s lol). And I wore actual ballet slippers with ribbons that laced up my legs. It looked great and my feet were super comfy.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics