Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Genna
Curious September 2022 Nova Scotia

Colour theme

Genna, on October 1, 2021 at 14:30 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 35
Hello Fellow Brides, I’m struggling on deciding a colour theme for my wedding. Our date is September 3rd 2022, so technically I could still consider it a summer wedding. I really want a romantic theme, lights, greenery, I want to feel like I’m somewhere enchanted. The only thing I’m certain on is I want the groomsmen and groom in a medium to dark grey suit, I’m going dress shopping with my girls the end of this month while so we can pick options but I need a colour theme so I can pick something. I’ve dove through Pinterest I just need some guidance lol thanks in advance!

35 Comments

Latest activity by Amy, on October 26, 2021 at 20:13
  • Amy
    Beginner September 2023 Ontario
    Amy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing like dusty pink and sage green
  • Josee
    Newbie September 2022 British Columbia
    Josee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married end of September 2022 and I chose an earthy tone/fall color scheme.

Whatever you choose, I’m sure it’ll be magical. At the end of the day, you married the person of your dreams!
  • Jamie
    Frequent user June 2022 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose dark grey and plum for our colours! I love dark purple and my partner love greys, so it made sense to make those our wedding colours. If you need inspo, Pinterest is great for that.

• Carrie
    Newbie May 2023 Ontario
    Carrie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Genna,

In regards to picking your wedding colour scheme, my question to you is what is you & your fiance's favourite colours? This wedding is celebration of two people coming together. If your colours are not a great combination, then can you do a darker or lighter shade range to both make you happy.

The colour scheme that my fiance & I are going with is our favourite colours; deep blue, teal, turquoise shades and taupe as a neutral. Our wedding date is May 13th/23. Good luck with your research.

All the best,

Carrie

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding took place in August and our colour scheme was nice as well though it may give some ideas of the shades to work around them. The BM wore shirt and ties to math the MOHs colours.

Purple represented husbands side as the teal/blue represented mine. A nice dark green would look nice around this combination if that helps.

Colour theme 1

Colour theme 2

Colour theme 3

• Sarah
    Beginner August 2023 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ask your venue what colour the wildflowers are around that time at the venue or around the venue!
    We got some photos from our venue and it gave us some inspiration!
  • Stefanie
    Curious August 2022 Alberta
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Very close I added the blue for the guys plus to represent my grandpa that pass away that was his fav color
  • Leah
    Curious April 2022 Ontario
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sometimes choosing a season for a colour palette will help. My wedding is in April and my colour palette is “spring flowers” . Hues of blue, green and pink but told my florist and bridesmaids If you find a purple or yellow colour and it speaks to you go for it! We are not having the most traditional reception with everyone wearing the same dress or suit etc. I’ve asked the men to wear navy suits as these colours all go with navy. Good luck!!
  • Meghan
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding date is the day after yours! September 4th, 2022. I absolutely think you can do summer or fall colours! I am personally doing a few different shades of blue. Foggy blue colour for my bridesmaids dresses and a dark navy for the groomsmen's suits. Then pastel like purple, pink and white flowers with maybe a pop of orange or peach in there as well! Smiley smile

• Bonita
    Newbie May 2022 Alberta
    Bonita ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Look around your home and you'll probably see a colour theme emerging. Can you use any variation of those colors? Or note the color of clothes that you really like. My two are teal and purple (violet). Best of luck!

• Audrey
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds exactly like mine! Here is my palette

Colour theme 4

• Stefanie
    Curious August 2022 Alberta
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re going with navy blue medium blur pinkish and rose gold
  • Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Genna!
    I may or may not have just gone back down the rabbit hole of wedding schemes lol but here are some that can work if you want to go with a more summery feel or if you want to embrace the fall/moody shades a little more - I tried to avoid blush, light pink. and peach in my search Smiley winking

Colour theme 5

Colour theme 6

Colour theme 7

Colour theme 8

Colour theme 9

Colour theme 10

Colour theme 11

Colour theme 12

Colour theme 13

Colour theme 14

• Amanda
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love olive greens, burgundy & even dusty purples or blues!!
    If i was doing an enhanced theme I would get the girls to try olive or a terracotta colour and see which looks best!
    if you hate both colours burgundy is safe!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you like greenery, consider wood-tone colours. Browns, olive, burgundy etc. It adds a rustic element that you can play up the enchanted forest vibe.

On the opposite end, yellows also go very well with green and adds an amazing summer flair.

• Rebecca
    Beginner September 2022 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ve used azazie for my cousins wedding and using it for my wedding too! Quality is amazing and shipping times are reasonable.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was in a wedding that used azazie and it was good quality. I plan on using them. A friend of mine has used azazie and David's bridal and said their quality is comparable
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhhhhh okay. Lovely!
    David bridal should definitely have some lovely option. I hear a lot of good things about Azazie.
  • Genna
    Genna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We’re doing a trip to a smaller wedding boutique and also David’s Bridal .. I was also looking on azazie but I’m unsure about the quality!
  • Nmjg77
    Newbie September 2022 New Brunswick
    Nmjg77 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have the same wedding date! Smiley smile Our colour scheme is lilac and white. Still summery but it’s a little more towards a lavender colour than lilac so a little darker. I made my decision based on what would be a great colour for all my bridesmaids and lilac/lavender will go with all their skin tones and hair colours! Smiley smile 💜
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Colour theme 15

I recall going through this myself. I decided to have my husband select a color and then I picked a color that complimented his choice. He picked plum, I picked dark teal and silver was our accent color for the decore. The men went with dark grey suits.Colour theme 16

Colour theme 17

Colour theme 18

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are getting married in August and we're going with Navy & Gold theme

• Sofia
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Sofia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are gonna have white and pink( light/pastel pink)
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yes, it will work out perfectly fine.
    Where are you planning to purchase their dress?
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re welcome!!!
    Wishing you all the best in your wedding planning and dress shopping for the ladies! Keep us posted with what colour your choose!! 🥂
  • Genna
    Genna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My biggest thing is going to be finding my girls dresses once I find them I think everything will fit into place !
  • Genna
    Genna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love these thank you
  • Genna
    Genna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I like that idea too !!
  • Genna
    Genna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this one !
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhh that is pretty
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love neutrals combined with greenery! We did greenery and our colours included gold, silver, and black. Just saw this though that I'm into! I'd make them all a bit darker though maybe. Colour theme 19

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Genna,
    Here are some colour palettes ideas. I love the idea of either emerald green, champagne & cream, rust or cinnamon.

I’m doing burgundy and I think that goes for anytime of Colour theme 20
    Colour theme 21
    Colour theme 22
    Colour theme 23
    Colour theme 24

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics