Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Frequent user June 2018 Ontario

Colour/theme

Jessica, on February 20, 2017 at 10:20 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 11
Hey ladies!
We love purple as a colour scheme... but I would love a colour that settles it... we are going for a vintage look. Do you think browns or a gold would work!? Has anyone done this before !? It's hard to find it on Pinterest. (Not looking for greys.. it's to modern for us!) The purple I'm thinking of now working with would be soft and settle purples, not bold or viberant purples. (Wedding is in June)

11 Comments

Latest activity by Kenny & Fikayo, on February 24, 2017 at 08:38
  • Kenny & Fikayo
    Frequent user April 2017 Alberta
    Kenny & Fikayo ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Gold is definitely the way to go. Like a rusty gold almost bronze type colour. Goes perfectly well with all shades of purple.
  • Carolyne
    Super June 2018 Quebec
    Carolyne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that brown or gold would look amazingly good! It would be perfect.
  • Jessica
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ahh thanks everyone for your input! I have a ton of pinterstubg to do ! Sorry for the late late response xo
  • Misty
    Newbie September 2017 Nova Scotia
    Misty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think a gold would look fantastic! I'm using gold, blush pink, and Grey!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Jessica! I think any colour could work with a vintage style even silver like in this picture mixed with shades of lilac and lavender. Smiley smile

Purple and silver

You got a lot of amazing ideas in here! Smiley smile Let us know what you decide to go for! You can also check out these ideas to see who else is getting married in purple and share your ideas:

6 wedding invitations in purple

6 + 1 bridesmaids dresses in purple

Will your bridesmaids all wear the same shade of purple?

• S
    Frequent user July 2017 Ontario
    Shevonn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Purple Theme

Purple Theme

I found this on Pinterest.

I think the greens really settle the purple and the white adds a vintage feel to it. Gold is also a great option as well.

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about lilac and yellow?

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ooooh I just saw this cake and thought of you and your theme!!!

Colour/theme - 1
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey! I am doing purple with gold accents for my colour scheme. I am doing a darker purple. I think if you use a lighter purple though like lilac or lavendar, it might work better for a vintage feel. I also can picture lace, light pinks and white colours. I think a gold might be too powerful over a lighter purple though and will take away from it so maybe more of a champage or blush colour if you definitely want a colour like that incorporated.

vintage

vintage

vintage

vintage

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When I read your post and I read vintage I automatically thought pearls, lace, and tarnished metals. Like antique silver or pewter (not grey) and white would go great with a light purple. Something like the attached photo but with more antique silver accents instead of gold. You might want to consider a champagne or light bronze colour with a light purple, that would look amazing! I found the second pic on Pinterest and loved it! Total vintage vibe! What do you think?

Colour/theme - 1

Colour/theme - 2
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the gold would work best overall. I know you said you don't want grey, but I think silver would work really well with your soft purple. You might also want to try doing a Google image search of "vintage purple" and see what comes up. You may get some inspiration from something on there. Also maybe check out vintage wallpaper images as they usually are done in coordinating colours.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics