Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner September 2017 Ontario

Colour dilemma

Melissa, on January 18, 2017 at 12:28 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 24
Hello. My wedding is in Sept. And we decided on our primary colours to be Rose gold (bridesmaid dresses, and groomsmen ties/pocket square) and Navy blue (tuxedos and backdrop). I'm having a problem deciding on bouquets. I dont really like the neutral white and blush bouquets for my bridesmaids. I really would like red flowers. But I'm not sure...my husband does not like the red flower idea. But he said if i really like it. To do it. But I wouldn't be incorporating the red anywhere else besides maybe the centrepeices. Is that weird?

24 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 24, 2018 at 23:40
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can go pink as an alternative to red and navy blue on the alternate tables. Gives the room decor of both sides.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's great! I think you could really play with these colours! The blush with red flowers is trully beautiful. Smiley smile You should take a look at this discussion to see options for shape: What is your favourite shape of bouquet?
    Which of these bouquets do you prefer?

Do you prefer posy or cascade bouquet? Smiley smile

• M
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Em. I really like that 1st bouquet
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Melissa! It's so nice to meet you! I love the colour of your bridesmaids dresses! Smiley love That's such a great idea! I love what all these lovely ladies suggested. Smiley heart If you don't want the whole bouquet to be red roses, you could have include only a few roses in the bouquet to match with the style of your bridal party and centerpieces. Maybe something like this?

Posy bouquet

Posy bouquet

Red highlight

Red highlight

This is mostly for colour suggestion but the red roses I think would look beautiful with blush and white. Smiley smile How do you like the idea?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is beautiful Melissa!! Smiley love That would look gorgeous and so romantic as your centerpieces!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Would you consider changing the colour of the bridesmaids dresses to champagne instead of rose gold? I think you have way more possibilities to go with a bold colour. And it would go great with Navy!
  • M
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Lisa! Thank you. Im realizimg that. But I really really want another bold colour...instead of the neutrals
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Melissa! Congratulations! Rose gold is a very hard color to match with different colors I think! Unless you stay in that genre of colours and go I with light peaches or light pinks for example mixed with a bit of white. Alternatively you could do like a Dusty Rose type flower which is like a medium tone, but all in all I think it's a tough call to match other than going with white, cream mixed with lighter colors. I really love your idea of the Navy with rose gold dresses I think they're a great combination!
  • M
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Would totally love this for a centerpiece. Thats why I'd like to incorperate red roses with the bridesmaids

Colour dilemma - 1
  • M
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bridal party inspiration

Colour dilemma - 1
  • M
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Similar to the bouquet i would like

Colour dilemma - 1
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can save the image and upload it or insert a link to the pin

• M
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Umm...how do i show you a pic feom Pinterest on here? I'm such a newbie...lol and yes. i would like them completely different from ny bouquet
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Know nothing...HA!... ya... sure Sam!
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha I know nothing but I love those so I had looked up the name at some point!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds pretty! Do you have an inspiration pic? Bridesmaids bouquets are generally similar to the bride's but on a smaller scale, like you said. Are you wanting them to be completely different than yours?

• M
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The 1st pic of the Groom? Is very similar to what i would like to do. I'm not loving the white and purple flower
  • M
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow! Sam...thats absolutly stunning. My bouquet will be cascading white orchids with pink peonies and roses. For my bridesmaids I want something on the smaller side...but I'm not sold on the traditional red roses.
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Sam!! I'm TERRIBLE with flower names!!! I couldn't think of anything else that had a dark center like that haha

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Valerie I think those are anemone flowers!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Here are a few more ideas.... I personally love the blush/light purple flowers or the last one with the navy centers (I think they're poppies)

Rose Gold/Navy Colour Scheme

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't know much about flowers but if you do fake flowers, you can get whatever you want and not have to stick to what's in season! My flowers were paper and we did a mix of roses, peonies and hydrangeas. Here's a picture.

Paper Bouquet and Rings

You should check Pinterest to see if there's anything you like. Is there a particular style of bouquet that you like? Here are a couple more discussions for ideas.

https://community.weddingwire.ca/forums/which-bouquet-reflects-your-style--t1939

https://community.weddingwire.ca/forums/round-or-cascade-bouquet--t1462

• M
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Sam. Thanks for your reply!! I am doing fake flowers. And i have no idea...might keep it traditional with red rose bouquets. Do you have any suggestions?
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Melissa! Welcome! I think red would go really well with the rose gold dresses and be perfect for September! Emilie posted this discussion yesterday that had some beautiful red bouquets. https://community.weddingwire.ca/forums/7-wedding-bouquets-in-red--t2185 What type of flowers do you like? Are you planning on doing real flowers or fake flowers? Look forward to hearing more about your wedding!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics