Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lee-Andréa
Curious October 2021 Ontario

Colour conundrum.

Lee-Andréa, on February 20, 2020 at 13:10 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12

Hey all!

So originally when I was planning colours, I had chosen Amethyst, Charcoal, and champagne with Sage accents.

For xmas my Mother gave me an emerald necklace that she "saw me wearing on my big day" and it's absolutely beautiful but...

When I think of purple and green together, I think of Barney the dinosaur... Will it clash if I wear the necklace? should I think about replacing the purples with greens? Do I embrace the jewel tones? How many is 'too many' colours? (We are having an Autumn wedding).

Thanks in advance! Smiley smile

12 Comments

Latest activity by Lee-Andréa, on March 6, 2020 at 16:57
  • Lee-Andréa
    Lee-Andréa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for your vote of confidence! I'm feeling much better about it now since all the encouragement. Smiley smile

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you can totally make these colours work. I would embrace the jewel tones or take inspiration from nature. There are tons of purple flowers in various tones and they all have green leaves as you said. Maybe nature can be the greatest inspiration. Smiley smile

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You dont have to wear the necklace if you dont want too. but you want your jewerrlly to be mixed cuz you dont want to blend in with you decor. so its great to stand out

• Lee-Andréa
    Lee-Andréa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh this is super pretty! Thank you so much for the image and the comment!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The necklace you will wear will look beautiful matching your accessories with your dress. Its rare that anyone notices the colours matching your necklace to the décor.

Colour scheme sounds great and if you feel that purple needs to be replaced, do so if it seems overpowering. Tones of colours can work to your benefit if the sage green (shown as the major part) and dark purple gives that contrast combination of light and dark. I hope this picture gives some prospect to what your debating to choose and it doesn't look dinosaurish. Its looks pretty

OIP.RF97xg3v0V3Vw7MwJCQP_AHaFj?w=245&h=1

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think as long as you keep to your jewelry green and your bridesmaids purple you won’t have anything to worry about 😄
  • Lee-Andréa
    Lee-Andréa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think you're right, the jewel tones can look super classy if done right! Purple flowers still have green leaves right? perhaps darker tones of purples would be less dino. lol thanks! Smiley smile

• Lee-Andréa
    Lee-Andréa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's also very true! Thank you so much for your comment! Smiley smile perhaps I don't have to add it as one of "the" colours after-all, we will have lots of greenery!

• Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think deep purple and emerald can look really nice together since they are both jewel tones. Unless you have the greens and purples heavily displayed beside each other I think you will avoid any comparison to Barney
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think if you're wearing the emerald necklace and it won't be near the other colors then it will be fine. It will pull the greenery into your look a bit, and the bridesmaids can still wear the amethyst, charcoal, and champagne colors. It would be different if the bridesmaids were wearing emeralds with an amethyst dress I think.
  • Lee-Andréa
    Lee-Andréa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Woo! thank you so much for that, it's incredibly helpful to have that visual! FH is colourblind so he has absolutely no preference for colours (and therefore no help either haha). Now seeing that though, maybe just trading out the sage for the emerald would help, and maybe deeper purples/burgundy(s) would mesh better. Will definitely be making more of these "swatches" Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmmm... not going to lie - the first thing that came to my mind was also barney... but after doing some google searches the thing that came up most with emerald and amethyst was more so peacock colours which I don't think would be a bad thing.

I did a little work on pixlr.com and this is them all side by side:

Colour conundrum. 1

If you move them around so that the purple and green aren't right next to each other it looks okay?

Colour conundrum. 2

Personally we stuck to 3 colours - plum, teal, and copper. You still have over a year and a half till the big day though so who knows, maybe you guys will want completely different colours in a couple months?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics