Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Curious September 2018 Ontario

Colour conundrum

Amanda, on July 22, 2018 at 20:17 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 15
I need advice. Getting married Thanksgiving weekend my fiance thinks it's a great idea to dress the wedding party in fall colours. Not one fall colour all fall colours. It is a wedding party of 16. I am afraid we will look like a big rainbow. The difficult part is he wont tell us girls what colours exactly the guys will be in. I want the girls in one safe colour other than purple. What would be a safe colour to put the girls in?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Julia, on July 25, 2018 at 06:32
  • Julia
    Frequent user June 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agreed, and as a general rule, I think it is much easier for the guys to match to the girls, so you and the girls should be getting to pick what colors, etc you are wearing and then have the boys match to you

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

He's being unreasonable... If he won't tell you, tell him all your girls are going to wear bright orange with neon yellow sashes.

You need to get a colour palette... or a general idea... or even have him tell you what set of colours would go with whatever he has picked...

It's both of your wedding, and if he's stressing you out, he needs to change that. It's not fair or fun for you to be guessing and being unsure.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. He is making it extremely difficult on me. Its driving my maid of honour and I insane. I have control issues over this wedding so it's truly frustrating. No matter what I say he wont give me any idea.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Um... what?! Not only did he decide his own colours... but you don't know them?!?! My controlling bridezilla brain is exploding...

You at least need to know what their colours are. If he's trying to surprise you with his look, okay... but you need guidance.

Also, you could do softer hues, of multiple different shades of one colour... or a palette that matches the wedding... such as these pictures... it can be a cohesive look without being a rainbow or all one colour...

Look 1Colour conundrum 1Look 2Colour conundrum 2Look 3Colour conundrum 3

• E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could do grey, champagne, navy or silver.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I totally agree. However he says all he wants is this and doesn't want us knowing. I have bugged him over and over and he still is refusing to tell me. It's so frustrating
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you need to know what the colour is from him. Theres no need for it to be a secret and it will make life way easier to actually be able to plan for it!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you ladies for all your help
  • M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you need some colour communication just so there are no clashes of colour. Plus everything looks better when there is colour coordination.
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Navy, burgundy and cranberry or deep deep purple/red would look great!
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ooh, kinda stressful, but also kinda fun! Maybe a wine, navy, or gold? Or even a forest green would go great with fall colours!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Burgundy is a beautiful colour for an autumn wedding. I would suggest having a conversation with your FH about the colours he's putting the groomsmen in, otherwise your wedding photos might be compromised by a mismatched wedding party.

Good luck!

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think champagne, burgundy, navy blue or grey might be safest.
    Good luck!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeah he doesn't want us knowing at all. He is stubborn lol
    Thank you.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You won’t know what the guys are wearing at all?! I think you need to know in order to envision how you want your girls to look but if not maybe champagne or burgundy would be safe? I’ve seen the bridal party in shades of grey and that’s pretty safe too as well as navy.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics