Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Laura
Frequent user August 2018 Ontario

Cold Feet

Laura, on January 14, 2018 at 19:06 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
Well, it has actually happened. My FH decided that he can’t go through with a big wedding and so our plans for our day in April are over. We are moving the date to the summer but who knows when. I actually had to make phone calls to my family today to cancel the shower, which was supposed to be in four weeks.

I love mt FH so much and this was a shock to hear but as long as we are together at the end of the day, it doesn’t matter to me. My mother was heartbroken but she understands. We will be doing a small wedding with just our immediate family. Good thing that comes out of this, I’ll still get to wear the dress I picked and ordered.

Things and and life can change in an instant but as long as we are together for it, that’s all that matters. I’m just letting out some emotion on this one (my FH is a manly man who doesn’t really “get” this venting).

10 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on January 23, 2018 at 09:46
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Agreed! That would not be a good way to start your marriage.

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    There really wouldn’t be starting from scratch for us as it would end up just being a ceremony with our parents and siblings. We hang even spent a quarter of what the total cost would be but it doesn’t matter. At the end of the day, I can’t force him into doing something that doesn’t feel right for him.
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. I wouldn’t want to push him into going through with something and then resenting me.
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! Every day that passes it gets easier to come to terms with. I’m taking it a day at a time.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Let it out girl! We all need to vent sometimes. My husband and I actually got to a point where we were considering just eloping prior to the actual wedding but I just couldn't imagine my family not being there. I am so glad that your mum understands and that you will have a nice, small intimate wedding.

You're very right to say that how is happens doesn't matter just that at the end of the day you are together and happy.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband was the same about ventong out for the spending every day mkt knpwingwhay wehavetp go through and how much we do listen to them.

I'm glad that he spoke his mind and that the plans could be pushed back without cancelling any vendors.

Its good the family is understanding and supportive about this whole situation.
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sometimes things happen for a reason. I know both me and my FH have anxiety over our wedding and now that less than 3 months away its becoming more real and scary, for both of us, mainly because we both don’t like to be the centre of attention so all eyes being on us will be scary. I wish you all the best with planning, no matter what you do it will be great because it will involve the both of you.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This almost happened to me yesterday! Except I was the one who said to cancel..my FH was super understanding and he knows that I'm stressed with planning. I'm still not 100% sure if I want to go through with the big wedding or not. I'm putting planning on hold for a bit just to gather my thoughts. Sometimes a big wedding just isn't for everyone, some can just deal with it others not so much. But like you said in th Nd of the day you're together, happy and in love.
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry to hear this. Personally, I would be devestated if my FH did this. Have you figured out how much $ you will lose from any deposits that you've paid? Is it really worth cancelling and starting from scratch? You should add up your losses and revise your guest list first and make a decision from there. I can't imagine excluding anyone from our guest list and we are sitting at 100. Keep us posted.
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Let it out hunny! This app is a great support system, your FH is a very lucky man bc most woman would not take this news as well as you.
    Thats great that your mom understand and is supportive. And your right, at the end of the day, it is just going to be you and your FH and heck your still going to be wearing your dress! That’s always great!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics