Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nicole
Beginner June 2022 British Columbia

Choosing your wedding band

Nicole, on November 23, 2020 at 11:45 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 13

I am shopping for my wedding band and curious what others have done. My engagement ring is a Verragio ring and I'm wondering if anyone has chosen a different designer for their engagment ring and wedding band? I love verragio and I think I would wear both rings most often, but Im curious if Im now locked into that designer for both? My engagment ring does sit a bit high so I think it may be best to go with the same designer for both rings, but Im just curious what my options are. Any thoughts?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Alexandra, on November 30, 2020 at 15:01
  • Alexandra
    Frequent user February 2022 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My engagement ring and wedding band are from different retailers! I wanted a lab made diamond and the place I got my engagement ring didn’t do wedding bands with lab made. I just tried the rings on together and it worked out fine. Choosing your wedding band 1

• Sarah
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My band came from etsy. They dont sit perfectly flush but since we are considering an upgrade along the lines of a few years I'm not concerned. My ER sits completely flat against my finger so its impossible to find something that perfectly fits! That said I fell in love with the wedding band and id wear it alone (though I prefer the look of 2, once I have a ring set higher)Choosing your wedding band 2

• Flora & Marcus
    Beginner September 2020 Quebec
    Flora & Marcus ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly I don't think you need to match your current band of your engagement ring, nor do you need to not match it... haha if that makes sense.

Essentially you just need to find a duo that works well together but also alone (I personally just wear my wedding ring 90% of the time so it was important for me that the wedding ring looked good on its own).

What I suggest is that you go try on bands with your engagement ring and find a pairing that speaks to you. I personally had to shop for my wedding ring online because of COVID so what I did is asked the jeweler to send me pictures of the wedding ring and pair it with an engagement ring that was similar to mine so I could see what it looks like (see pics of what I ended up choosing).

Since Verragio is already a very intricate design, I would definitely recommend a simpler band that compliments it without overshadowing your engagement ring. But that's MY opinion, based on my taste, so honestly you do you girl!! The sky is the limit, go with a design that you will love for the years to come. There is no right answer, only your preference Smiley smile

Good luck!

ps. it took me 2 months to find my wedding ring because I was so indecisive hahaha

Choosing your wedding band 3

Choosing your wedding band 4

Choosing your wedding band 5

• Nicole
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s exactly what I was thinking! The detail is unmatched. When I was looking for my engagement ring I loved verragio but I looked around to see if I could find anything similar and I just couldn’t find it. My fiancé told me to just go with the verragio band as it will match perfectly and he thinks I might regret getting something different 🙈
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Normally you can mix and match, but verragio has amazing detail to the rings and could make bands from other places look very cheap just because it’s so well designed. You might be able to find something that ties together well but I really recommend trying it on in person just to be sure it works together. I don’t think you need to eliminate other designers just make sure the details work together.
  • Kat D
    Frequent user April 2021 Manitoba
    Kat D ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My engagement right is from Ben Moss & the band is from Pandora Choosing your wedding band 6

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding band is the matching piece to my engagement wing. We had to order it in since they didn't have it in store and when it finally came in, my fiance and I both agreed that we made the right choice. It goes perfectly together!

It's totally up to you on what you decide for your wedding band, Switch it up with a different style or go with the matching band! Whatever you decide, it'll be meaningful Smiley smile

Choosing your wedding band 7

Choosing your wedding band 8

• Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The band is from Michael Hill. I did a mix and match, tried to get them similar, but not the exact same
  • Nicole
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Where did you end up getting your wedding band from? Do they match or did you mix and match the engagement ring and wedding band
  • Nicole
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oooh that’s a great idea! I also love that it’s shopping small.
  • Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have just bought my wedding band, and it's from a different place completely. My engagement ring is from Brilliant Earth, and I didn't want to pay $1500 for a wedding band.

Couldn't be happier with how they will look together!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought my band on Etsy because stores were closed. They are the same metal and a similar width so they look cohesive.

Choosing your wedding band 9

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you want a really cohesive look it makes sense to go with the same designer, especially because they probably have something matching. But if you’re not really a fan of the wedding bands you could look into getting something custom made from a jeweller.
    I went with the same jeweller for both my rings but I didn’t love their standard wedding band designs with my engagement ring. I got them to customize a band to fit better with my engagement ring and I love it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics