Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexa
Frequent user December 2017 Alberta

Choosing a florist

Alexa, on August 11, 2017 at 00:48 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4
Hey everyone,
So I'm planning my wedding long-distance (we love in the NWT and we're getting married in Banff). Some vendors have been easier to choose than others, like a wedding officiant and a photographer were easy because those choices were based on whether we connected with them and liked them as people. But Im having a really hard time choosing a florist! I don't know a lot about flowers and I don't know how to tell if someone is good, or too expensive, or doesn't get my ideas... It's proving to be quite challenging! Any tips or tricks on how to choose a florist, questions to ask, or particular things to consider?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Sonja, on August 12, 2017 at 21:00
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's important to read any reviews on the florists before you pick. I've made our bouquets from artificial flowers, and am buying roses from Cosco to put in the centrepieces. I ordered flowers for the men and for my future mother-in-law at the beginning of the year from a site called Wish. Everything is shipped from Asia and you do have to give them 2 months to arrive, but the prices were great.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just booked my florist a month ago and what we did was get the preferred vendors from the venue and we also looked at florists in the area on weddingwire since they usually have approximate pricing and then I went and looked at their websites, instagrams and facebook pages to see the one that had a similar style to what I had in mind. And then I asked the one's I liked for a quote for what I wanted. I would suggest you figure out the basics of what you want like type of bouquet (round, cascade, composite etc) what do you want for centrepieces high or low and how many.

• Katelyn
    Frequent user August 2018 Alberta
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm also getting married in Banff and unsure about choosing a florist - or perhaps ordering flowers from Costco in Calgary and doing it myself? Please let me know who you decide to go with!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say to find a budget you are comfortable with and some flower inspiration ides and find a florist that can work with those parameters but can also give you ideas and/or suggestions.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics