Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Chinese Wedding Traditions

Emilie, on November 29, 2016 at 05:15 Posted in Wedding ceremony 1 6

Hi wonderful brides Smiley heart

I'm happy Eartha raised the question of Modern chinese traditions because there are many beautiful wedding traditions to talk about!

What traditions will you include in your wedding? Smiley smile

Chinese Real Wedding Canada

A few things to know about Chinese wedding traditions:

- Colours: Red and gold are two important colours that symbolize love, prosperity and happiness

- Family: No matter how big the family is, usually everyone is invited!

- Ceremony Traditions include ring exchange, tea ceremony and bride changing into a red outfit

- Reception: There will be a lot of food! Meals can go up to 12 courses. Couples usually go to each table to make a toast with their guests to thank their guests for coming.

What am I missing? I can't wait to hear more about your traditions!! Smiley love

6 Comments

Latest activity by Eartha, on December 1, 2016 at 14:30
  • Eartha
    Devoted April 2017 Ontario
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hahhaha, if it's a big big big chinese wedding, it might go beyond 12 courses Smiley tongue

• Eartha
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Emilie.

It will be all western meal, however we are trying to see if we can incorporate some chinese desserts near the end... it's TBD atm

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is so amazing Eartha! I love that you are incorporating all these traditions in your wedding! I definitely can't wait to see pictures of your red dress outfit! Smiley love Will you have chinese food on your menu or will it be a western meal completely?

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love learning about different cultures! Thanks for sharing!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

12 courses!?!?!?!?! DAAAAAAAMN... and I thought it was Italians with tons of courses.

• Eartha
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Emilie,

What you've listed out is basically the jist of the traditional chinese wedding.

My fiance and I are having a modern western wedding incorporating some chinese traditions in it.

- Bridesmaid will host door games at the groom and groomsmen and he has to show his "worth" to be allowed through the door

- Tea Ceremony for both families

- As most of our relatives are in HK, not everyone will be able to attend our wedding

- I'll be in my red dress outfit during the tea ceremony at the bride and groom's family home and then also switching into it for a period of time during the wedding reception

- As we are having a western wedding, we are doing western courses but you are right, traditional chinese weddings can definitely go up to 12 courses

- We are definitely going to be visiting each table to make a toast to each guests and to thank them for coming

Anyone else in the group are incorporating any other chinese traditions into their wedding? Smiley ring

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics