Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Frequent user December 2018 Alberta

Children

Sarah, on January 5, 2018 at 21:54 Posted in Wedding reception 0 13
Hey everyone

Has anyone every provided child care for the reception? I have a massive family and all of them have childern under the age of 10. Now from experience parents and the childern never really have fun after 10. So I was thinking of doing a child care thing where I would hire a few people to watch all the kids at one of the houses and they have a sleep over and pizza.
I need thoughts

Thanks Smiley smile

13 Comments

Latest activity by Sashanette, on January 13, 2018 at 06:34
  • Sashanette
    Curious April 2019 Ontario
    Sashanette ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank a great idea!! We decided to make ours a child free wedding except for our kids who are in the bridal party. Our invites will welcome the kids to the ceremony but the reception is off limits. I've experienced so much times watching parents and kids not having fun at receptions. Our kids will between the ages of 14 and 9 so it won't be to boring for them. But they still leaving the reception before us with their grandparents.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Let me know how it all goes!
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is a great idea, my fiance was thinking about this for ours too.

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing this. We are having an outdoor wedding and having someone look after the kids during the meal time and up to a certain time (having figured out logistics yet). We will be having an area for the kids to hang out and do different activities as well to keep them busy.

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone! I was worried that people would be upset by this. But I feel very confident that this would be the way to go
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think this is very thoughtful of you!

• Olivia
    Curious January 2019 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friend did this! She hired a coworker of mine (RECE) and she watched the kids in the bridal suite for the night. The price was about as much as two adult dinners, and there were about 5 kids so it was manageable and made the parents more comfortable. She put them to bed on the pull out couch when it got late and then parents picked up when they were ready.

Im planning to do this for my wedding, and my venue even gave me a list of preferred babysitters! So I’ll be putting on our invitations a note to let us know if they need childcare and then we’ll cover that for the night. We’re probably not going to have them in the bridal suite though. If we were getting married in our city, we would definitely set up a sleepover in our home though! That sounds so fun!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That would be fun for them, I agree. And, if you're having a dance, it gives the parents the freedom to stay at the dance and not go pick up their child to take them home to bed.

• Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am doing this. I work at Boys and Girls Club child care assistant so I will be asking some of my coworkers if they want to work supervising children at the wedding. We will have around 20 children at the wedding and that does not include the newborns.

• Jessica
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is a very interesting idea!! I'm wondering how it would work for children over 1 but under 5
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's an awesome idea too. There is another small room in the building as well. I will check into that.
    My thinking that all the kids are mostly cousins and they would love to have a big sleep over
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My cousin hired people to look after the children. She had them in the same building though because there was another room in her venue. They provided food and the babysitters brought the games and entertainment (since they already had it and my cousin didn't have anything). If there was an issue, one of the sitters could've come up for the parent. I think it worked well for them. They didn't have a dance so it didn't run super late.

• Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was thinking of doing this exact thing. Offering my house as a place to bring the kids (as we’ll be staying at a hotel that night anyways) and hiring a babysitter or two. I figured it’d be cheaper than having the kids at the wedding and having to pay for a meal for them and it also frees up a space for friends who we might not have space for otherwise. I’d love to hear opinions from people who have tried this or something similar!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics