Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
VIP September 2023 Ontario

Check lists, where are you at?

Carine, on October 17, 2022 at 15:59 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 20

Hey Brides and Grooms - How's the check list going anyone need help or tips?

I'm at a standstill for my list until closer to the date. Wanted to start my emergency kits but, I feel like Products might expire with having 341 days to go.

20 Comments

Latest activity by Maria, on January 9, 2024 at 05:01
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have the one on here and a personal one, I find myself adding on new ideas.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The checklist is awesome here and easy to just click one each task is completed. I did find some of the tasks weren't needed to be done as they didn't apply for having family and friends in one place and coordinators for the unnecessary extra costs.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This site is great and so are the people on it.

I'm so excited for this summer, with the parties it will be great. So many great decorations on Amazon for cheap. I'm doing a garden party theme, and everything from the dishes to the backdrop is all coming from there. It's nice to have the support and family to help.

Hope you'll post pictures.

• L
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Lily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! Congrats to you too! I love this site and seeing all of the discussions/info! It's really helped with my planning!

My Mom and Mother-in-law are paying for my bridal shower (and buying the gifts) but I, along with my bridesmaids, are "planning it." AKA choosing the games, making the schedule, decorations etc.

I'm doing the same with my rehearsal dinner! My in-laws have allowed us to use their big backyard and we'll be doing beef on a bun with salad, a bit of dessert and drinks! Something chill before the big day!

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congratulations on the engagement and hope you are loving this site?

You seem to be on the right track.

I tried planning my Shower and failed. My MOH is on it and refuses that I help.

Rehearsal dinner, I am planning a family BBQ so everyone can meet.

You are doing great!

• L
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Lily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everything is going great!

So far, all of my big vendors are booked and we're slowly paying off deposits.

I'm now starting to buy/plan the "little" things like the decorations we're bringing from home, bridal party gifts, outfit accessories, and what we'll be including in the bathroom baskets.

I'm also waiting for my dress to come in so that I can do alterations. My bridesmaids pretty much have their dresses picked out; they just need to order them!

The only major things I have to do are booking and planning the Bridal Shower, as well as planning a rehearsal dinner.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's crazy so excited, it's feeling more real.

• Lisa
    Curious June 2023 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Totally.
    I started planning 2 years out. The first year went pretty slowly, now I can't believe we're less than 8 months out!!

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So much done as well, all great, I'm going to finish my things in March, I want Spring and Summer to myself. lol

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've done the same with hair, make-up and nails just waiting closer to finalize times and details.

It's going by so fast now that we hit the one year mark.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ya same, I'll be doing the rest end of winter beginning of Spring.

Kelly we are so close.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Even though our wedding is May 6, 2023 there still lots to do...

Got my shoes & dress Smiley heart , MOH dress/shoes done, hair accessories, jewelry for both done, we just got his suit jacket done (the way he wanted) but still needs shoes/pants. Our Best Man is not going to match FH so he has his black suit (good enough for us). Our bouquets are done but still have to do the boutonniere's (artificial) probably in Dec. The rest of the flowers (ceremony/hall decor) provided by the venue. We just picked out our wedding bands. Seating / place cards will be done closer to spring, just finished and ordered our wedding invites w/ inserts and all the small touches (card box, jenga guestbook, pics, Selfie photo booth, etc done), hotel block booked, photographer & Officiant booked. Just booked MUA but i'm having doubts (has rescheduled my trial 3x and now i have an uneasy feeling). Our alterations will be done in January/February same with Emerg kits. I

The big stuff is taken care of courtesy of our venue (flowers, cupcakes/cake, ceremony/hall decor, limo, DJ). Wow that is a lot of stuff done/to do.

• Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Dunno why my reply from this morning didn't go through....
    The only ones left to book are hair, nails (they both have me penciled in, but don't open their books that far out), alterations (booking for early spring), entertainment (need about 2 months' notice), and florals (12-16 weeks). I think that's all that's left?
    Yea - my FH is responsible for him and his groomsmen & guests.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is the calm before the storm for us-all of the major things are booked, dresses bought. I will work on the DIY things like bouquets, boutonnieres and centrepieces over the winter

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I understand, I have so many checklists that I'm like I am forgetting something.

Weird that your vendor won't book you until January, what if January comes and you are a minute late from another client and he books them?

I left my FH in charge of the boys since I planned the wedding and taking care of my girls. I have a feeling I'll have to step in for him.

• Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been at a standstill for a while LOL
    My remaining "big" vendors won't book me in until January at the earliest.
    My fiancé needs to get out his Save the Dates, and start organizing himself and his guys for their outfits. My girls need to buy their dresses. And we need to nail down our timeline so I can design/order our official Invitations.
    I honestly feel like I'm missing something, or a lot of things, but I can't think of what they are.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So exciting you are almost there.

I love that idea of the warmers; I've also been mentioning that to people on here, happy to hear there's two great minds. I am a cold person so that was my go-to must haves and also outdoor heaters since we are having it outside.

I'm on a pause but feel like I should do my kits now, but afraid the products might expire? But then again how long are they on the shelf for before they go bad, and most expiration dates now are 2024. I'll wait until the new year, get a winter project.

Once spring hits I'm afraid I won't have that time to do it, I'll be too busy finalizing things.

Can't wait to see photos, hope you will share with the group.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow Brittany you are on your way that is awesome. Headbands, pick two that you like and switch them up, one for the ceremony and pictures and one for the reception, Make it fun.

I only have the emergency kits to do, shop for the girls, the hubby and his Bestman are on outfit duty. The rest is just finalizing details.

I'm bored now because I have nothing to do but wait.

• Amanda
    Curious November 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

25 more days!! We are in a good spot, making final payments to vendors, we have to find shoes for my daughter, do your seating chart/place cards (we had some delayed rsvps so got stuck on this one), meet with our photographer one more time, confirm the timeline, wrap our parents/spouses gifts, put together some emergency/day of kits, pick up hand warmers for outdoor phots (a great suggestion from another member here) & pack when its gets closers. Oh and stain our guestbook because I hate the colour haha

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everything is going great! We have all our vendors booked, I have an appointment for the bridesmaids already, my fiancé has reached out to some suit shops for him and the wedding party, going to book the appointment for that when we get back from vacation in November.

I have slowly but surely starting purchasing the small things we are going to need. I got us our card box, cake stand and wedding knife and serving set. Going to purchase our cake topper and cupcake stand during the next two weeks.

We have been looking at shoes for ourselves and I will be buying probably around Christmas time and my fiancé will buy once he finally decides on his suit. I purchased my headband(s), I loved the 4 of them and can not for the life of me decide which one I like the best. Going to also be purchasing two different pairs of earrings because again, I can not decide and I know exactly what necklace I want.

Waiting for my dress to come in to finally decide what veil I want. I know I want a plain one but not sure of the length, I am thinking somewhere between fingertip - chapel!!

But yeah, I am feeling great!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics