Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jenn
Frequent user March 2019 Ontario

Cheap invitations

Jenn, on April 10, 2018 at 06:59 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 27
Any suggestions on where to order invitations that aren’t going to break the bank? I like letterpress, but haven’t found any decently priced.

27 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on April 16, 2018 at 01:30
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could always go on Etsy to get someone to custom create one for you and then use Vistaprint - Wait until they have a sale! That's what we did Smiley smile

• Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Vistaprint! They always have sales and/or tons of coupons. We got our save the dates and invites including envelops for around $80 each. If you request a wedding kit sample from them it also includes coupons as well.

• T
    Beginner July 2019 Ontario
    TIANNA ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Vista print
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We used VistaPrint and it was great!

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Simplytoimpress and Vista Print are great sites to order your invitations from, for a great price. They come out really nice as well.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Vistaprint! They always have deals the highest I've seen was 60% off. I got mine at 50% ordered 100 invites with 40 or 60 mail back stamps for $62 give or take. And you can customize them pretty much to the way you want them

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They have designs on their website. Lots of them. Full suites, or mix and match.

https://design.staplescopyandprint.ca/Cards-Invitations/Weddings

They also have Bridal Shower & Bachelorette invitations, which are also great.

• A
    Newbie September 2018 Quebec
    Allyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Vista Print! They constantly have sales, just get the premium paper. Our invitations were perfect and shipped super fast!
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I used an online site basic invites. They have tones of templates and look really sharpe (foil, photos, colour). All you have to do is adapt the info. They will even pre address all your invites with your return address for free. You can also get a custom sample invite sent for free.
    They currently have a 15% off promo as well.
  • Jenn
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds great, but not really an option for us....some of our invites are older folks who aren’t that tech savvy lol. They won’t appreciate e-invites. But great cost effective option for those who can!!!
  • Jenn
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome!! I didn’t even know staples was an option. Where did you get the design? On their website? Or elsewhere??
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Staples Print Centre!!! I'm doing a set of 70 invitations with details inserts, and envelopes. I'm going to wait to order during a promo (they do something every month with a discount code ), and it's going to be about $70!

I've ordered 6 different "tests" for different styles, and I haven't been disappointed with any of them. They are great.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You create digital invitations and send them through email... Its super cute because you can pick your design and you have to click to open the card envelope still and they come addressed to the guests.
    I really like it because:
    a) it was cheap
    b) it was super quick!
    c) you can see who had opened and recieved their invitations
    d) if you dont hear back an rsvp you can just send a follow up email.
  • Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What is that? Paperless post?
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing all of my invitations online. I was originally going to go with Paperless Post, but I'm sending them by email instead. Paperless Post has some great options, though. Shutterfly also has some great options, however, they're an American company, so shipping may cost a bit more. They do have some great deals sometimes, though!
  • Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought the Michael's invitations and have been using the 55% off coupons to buy the pack of 30 for less than 20 (including taxes). I'll be printing them at home because I already have hp instaink where I don't have to worry about buying ink. I'm tweaking them to make them more personal. For example this is what I'm working on for the liner (I still have to tweak the spacing lol).

Cheap invitations 1
  • Jenn
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone!!! I'll check out Vistaprint!

• Jason
    Curious September 2018 Alberta
    Jason ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Agree with others about Vistaprint when you can grab a good sale/coupon
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Letterpress will typically never be cheap because you need to make the metal plate for each item of the invitation (invite, RSVP, details, etc).

You can get the letter press feel however, depending on the font, wording colour and paper type you go with.

For example, these are my RSVP cards where they sort of have that feel but are just digital print.Cheap invitations 2

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We ordered a template from Etsy and just printed them at home from paper we got for 50% off at Michaels. Saved a lot of money.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Etsy and Creative Market both have great templates that are editable and ready to download for pretty cheap. I'm planning on using Vistaprint's printing services since their prices are reasonable, they always seem to have a sale on and the envelopes are includes.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Vistaprint, if you have time to wait and keep an eye out on their sales they almost constantly have something. You can print any of their designs or import your own and they’re totally reasonable before the sales, and with the sales I don’t think you’ll find better prices. Quality is good, and their customer service if there’s a mistake is good from what I’ve seen so they’ll either fix it or give you a credit for something else.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can buy those invitation kits at Michaels and then go to Staples or a local print shop to get them printed! If you find a nice paper and can do all the printing in black and white instead of colour that's a good way to save too!

• Sarah
    Curious November 2018 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Right now vista print is having a 40% off sale, I'm getting 50 invites for $30.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you considered online invitations? We sent ours through paperless post and it cost us $18 for 180 guests.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oops, sorry. I didn’t notice you mention letterpress... I’m not sure where to get them done affordably. But I love them too. The hard part is most people throw the invitations away lol
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hear people order from Vista Print. And also Costco. I’m not sure how they look in real life. But I’m sure their great. I’m ordering all my supplies from https://www.paperandmore.com/collections/pocket-invitation-cards
    then I’ll print and construct them myself.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics