Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Miav
Devoted September 2020 Alberta

Change our venue?! Help!

Miav, on November 24, 2019 at 12:40 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10
I'm in a dilemma. A lot of overthinking for sure. I've been questioning our choice of venue ever since saying yes to the dress. I really love my dress, but I feel like it doesn't suit our venue choice! We chose a garden semi-rustic venue, lots of trees, a pond, and a transparent tent:

venueChange our venue?! Help! 1venueChange our venue?! Help! 2

And my dress is this:

dressChange our venue?! Help! 3

It looks like a hotel/church/historic wedding dress to me T_T If I had known I should've searched for a dress first before the venue! Then I would've recognized my style as more princess-y castle than garden. We do love garden and greenery too, hence the venue choice. I just think that the dress is too over-the-top now and I'm wondering whether to change our venue or not. I feel like I will look out of place or too much in the reception, like I should've been in a Fairmont or something Smiley cry

Has anybody else had this issue? Any advice will be much appreciated

10 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on November 27, 2019 at 16:12
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldnt worry your venue is so nice and it will be all decorated and i think the decor and ambiance will go with your dress

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well then you can be the first and stand out!
  • Miav
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much!! Smiley heart

• Miav
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for the ideas!! That's the thing, the venue is pretty new so they just started uploading the photos of past weddings recently. And I observed that most, if not all, past brides in there had rustic themes and dresses that are less poufy than mine. Made me cranky Smiley atonished

• Miav
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much for your advice Smiley heart

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yup! I for sure felt this way - but loved the dress no matter what and the venue was SO US!!! So screw those people who say it doesn't go/match!

Plus like Allison said; you can just make the venue a little less rustic and more classy with the decor Smiley smile

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never really understood the whole dress matching venue concept. BTW its a beautiful dress and your venue is just as beautiful. If you love the dress keep everything as it, because it looks great.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think your dress suits your venue quite nicely actually!!

You can definitely make the venue less-rustic by adding elegant elements but I agree with the others your dress has a fairy-tale look that matches the garden venue. I wouldn't throw away the venue on account of your dress

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the decor you choose could make that venue an enchanted fairytale garden if you want to complement the dress more.

I wouldn't throw the whole venue away. Ask if they have photos from other weddings that were a little less rustic!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I dont think it is over the top at all. A lot of fairy tale type weddings are in gardens. I personally think your dress will be perfect for the venue. Look at all the old movies the big princessy type of characters were always in the gardens. IMO I think it will work wonderfully

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics