Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Featured August 2023 Alberta

Change of Dinner/reception Venue

Brittany, on June 30, 2022 at 11:51 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

So! After booking our restaurant for a total of 32 guests, things were going great for all of 2 months! We have a guest list of 34 people who are extremely interest to come to our Banff wedding. On top of that, because I don't have much family on my dad's side he would like to me invite his best friend and his wife (which is no big deal because I have known them since birth and they are like an aunt and uncle to me), so that brings my list to a total of 36. Let me tell you I am panicking, since I haven't sent the actual invites out I can not guarantee that these people will or will not come.

I have decided to pick a different restaurant that seats up to 40 guests for the purpose of to be safe. I don't want to send out invites and expect 4 people to decline and if they don't we are royally screwed. So fingers crossed I can still switch, just waiting for the hospitality coordinator in Banff to get back to me that at least one of the three places I sent to her are available!

Phew, now that I am in the logistics of wedding planning and not just enjoying the engagement like I did for the last year and a bit; this is crazy.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on July 5, 2022 at 14:35
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am a strong believer that things happen for a good reason.

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Unfortunately, we booked a private room that only can go up to 32 people. There is no room to add more. But good news is that I just finished cancelling and booking a different spot that can accommodate up to 40 people. Right now we are at 40 with most likely 4 not coming.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Always better to over book than too under book, as long as you notify the restaurant in advance you shouldn't have any issues.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How hard is that 32 number with Restaurant #1? Unless that's the fire code capacity, a lot of spaces can work with the couple to squeeze in 4 people.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can confirm the restaurant of your choice though you can have the final count by 6 weeks in of the RSVP date. This will allow you and the coordinator to know where you stand and how many to be attending for reception.

• Yami
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Crossing my fingers and toes that everything will work out for you!!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics