Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Chairs for the wedding

Joey, on May 28, 2019 at 08:12 Posted in Wedding reception 1 21

When you start wedding planning, you learn about whole worlds of things and terms you never knew existed - cake decorating styles, names of flowers, serving methods... What's more, you need to have opinions about all of these new things! Who knew that chair styles would become such an important part of your planning process?! Here's a little guide to common wedding chair styles.

Which is your favorite? Which are you having at your wedding?

Chiavari Chair - the most popular choice for weddings

t30_1436217480483-wedding-professional-o

Opera Chair or Versailles Chair - similar to a Chiavari (but all the rungs are vertical)Chairs for the wedding 1

Folding Chair - very popular for outdoor weddings Chairs for the wedding 2

Louis XVI Style Chair - characterized by its oval back t30_casalomawedding-bestoftoronto-2015-0

X-Back Chair- Tuscan-style with a signature cross-back design, which is popular for rustic weddingsChairs for the wedding 3

Ghost Chair - super modern acrylic or lucite chair that looks nearly invisibleChairs for the wedding 4

Bentwood Chair - a casual style often seen in cafes and bistros (and local theatre companies!)

Chairs for the wedding 5

Marais A Chair - Growing in popularity recently, this chair is perfectly paired with a vintage or industrial feelmango-studios-sneak-peeks-jenn-and-jeff-

Banquet Chair - extremely popular, convenient, and flexible, these can be transformed by slipcovers and sashes to change their color and styleChairs for the wedding 6

For even more chair options, check out our comprehensive article on 13 Popular Wedding Chair Styles

21 Comments

Latest activity by Caitlyn, on June 2, 2019 at 19:59
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have chiavari chairs for both the ceremony and reception.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This! I have maybe 3 pictures that actually show the chairs!
  • Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a mix of vintage chairs.
  • Nelly
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having chiavari chairs for our reception
  • K
    Beginner June 2020 Alberta
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I mean like who really cares about chairs though? I’d rather use that money for something else. At the end of the day nobody is going to remember whether or not you had the perfect chair at your wedding
  • S
    Frequent user March 2021 Ontario
    Stiffra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re having Louis XVI chairs! Our top choice and so happy our it’s our venue’s standard chair.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My favourite are the louis XVI style chairs, and we're having clear chiavari chairs Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wedding ceremony had white folding chairs and reception had black banquet chairs. It worked out perfect and looked great.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having gold Chivari chairs for the both the ceremony and the reception. They are part of the venue. They have either clear or gold. Since our colours include gold as accents, the chairs will really add to that!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love Louis XVI chairs! So gorgeous but unfortunately it’s not in my budget!
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I cannot stand banquet chairs or seat covers. One reason why I was dead set against having our wedding at a banquet hall. Just way too generic.
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is rustic style so we are having the white folding chairs for outside which I don’t mind as we want a laid back feel. For the reception the chairs are like the Bentwood style but in white. Again it just suits our rustic/countryside/cottage “theme”.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Chiavari Chairs 100%!!! One of the reasons we went with the venue we did is because they had gold chiavari chairs as their standard! I cannot STAND seat covers... personal preference but I think they are horribly tacky...

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're having clear chiavari chairs - kind of a blend with ghost chairs. I actually hate them but I didn't want to make extra work for myself. Would have loved Louis XVI chairs.

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really like the ghost chairs, however that is not in our budget. And renting chairs proved to be too difficult to get them in Edmonton and transport them to Jasper (4 hours away) so we are using the chairs provided for our reception venue.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're using our hotel's banquet chairs and chair covers for both ceremony and reception.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

X- back chair is my favorite- head table is having those and the rest are having folding

• Loi-Marie
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Loi-Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having folding chair for the ceremony and banquet chair for the reception!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For the ceremony we will be having folding chairs, and the reception will have the chiavari chairs but in a dark colour.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Those clear ones are cool! We are having everything inside a restaurant so everyone will be seated on wooden, cushion chairs.

• Emily
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are actually using hay bails for the ceremony setting and then banquet chairs for the reception. mind you were getting married in a barn do it fits the them very well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics