Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Corinne
Beginner November 2019 Ontario

Ceremony Rehearsal with the processional song?

Corinne, on November 11, 2019 at 13:46 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 8

Hello!

I found the perfect song to play for my processional. The bridesmaids and I (bride) will be walking in to the same song. The song I chose has some "pauses" to cue the next bridesmaid but I'm still a little worried that if they have not rehearsed it before hand with the song that on the day of it will not be obvious enough to them when they need to come in. It's important to me that they come in at each specific pause because those pauses eventually lead up to a huge buildup to when I'd be coming in... If they miss their enter time I feel like it would end up being awkward if I either have to wait a while for the build up or start walking before it and it hits afterwards.

Would it be weird if we practiced the processional with the song at the time of the rehearsal? I'm not sure if this is what usually happens at rehearsals....

Thanks in advance Smiley heart

8 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on November 22, 2019 at 12:12
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not weird at all. i would totally practice it so they know. but also on the day of you can just tell them to walk in cuz youll all be together in the line ready to walk in. thats what one of my friends did she just told us when to walk

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would definitely rehearse with the music, especially if it has specific pauses and cues for people to walk in.

We didn't rehearse with ours, mostly because the processional song was a surprise for my husband, but we also had our venue coordinator cue people to start walking.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We played our music at our rehearsal! Not weird at all!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had the music at our rehearsal. That’s what the rehearsal is for is to run through the ceremony and work out any kinks. We did the rehearsal twice-once inside, once outside.
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's a great idea! We'll be doing the same thing at our rehearsal, I'm even editing our music to fit the length (lack thereof...lol) of our bridal party. Especially if you have specific times for them to come in, the rehearsal is a great idea for the day before the wedding. You can even tell them what lyrics to come in on and send them the song so they can listen to the music and get used to hearing/anticipating it 😊
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think rehearsals sound like a great idea. And if you know who you want to walk after each pause I would send each a set of lyrics with their "cue" pause highlighted. It might sound a little obsessive, but no one wants to be the bridesmaid who missed their cue and gets too much attention.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that would be extremely useful to do at the rehearsal, that's the kind of thing that rehearsals are made for. We'll be rehearsing with our processional song and each person in the processional will have a musical cue or positional cue (ie when the person ahead of you gets to X you start walking)

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wedding rehearsal is the best thing to do the day before the actual day and we didn't even have all the wedding party on time to go through timing and order of how it would have been done. The kids in the family was another matter besides the main 4 individuals concerned. It turned out good though as fast as it went and done. The Reception entrance dance was practised though for the most part to get perfect, which turned out to be faster since the DJ played the remix version.

Do the rehearsal to know your good and ok with your wedding party timing and pauses and your entrance to be perfect. Rest assured you will feel great and less worried at the end of it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics