Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Arexy
Devoted October 2020 Ontario

Ceremony / reception music

Arexy, on September 28, 2020 at 13:53 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4
Hi everyone - what kind of music are you playing for bridesmaids to walk up the aisle to, for the bride to walk up the aisle to, during cocktail hour, and during dinner? Any info helps! Any Spotify playlist recommendations help. This does not include what your first dance song is. Thanks!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on October 15, 2020 at 13:43
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a cultural song played for the wedding party and ourselves since it was a short walk as our mothers sat in their seats once getting to the steps.

Playlists/Spotify: You can play songs from it as long as its what you like and the party tone. Spotify can do the same, than your good to go for the First Dance song too.

DJ: Providing a genre or music selection will allow them to play the according songs, just be aware to include no vulgar songs as requests accepted.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My DJ is also a guest so for cocktail hour and dinner I asked her to play whatever. For the actual ceremony I go back and forth between just some music on a CD or live music.
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have for the bridal party walk down: God Bless the broken road - Instrumental
    Bride Walk ( I am walking with both my parents) : You raise me up - by Josh Groban

During cocktail hour and & dinner I have asked my DJ to create a playlist (as he has done many weddings) and he will just play something that "fits" that time I guess.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're trying to incorporate songs from our cultural background into some of the entrances. If your bridesmaids share your Armenian heritage, you use an upbeat Armenian dance song for their entrance. If not, I would pick something that jives well with how your bridesmaids move, whether that be pop, rock, EDM if they're the clubbing type etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics