Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meghan
Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador

Ceremony programs

Meghan, on March 5, 2018 at 08:10 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 23
I’m debating not wasting my money on having a program for the ceremony. Will it be missed? We’re having a short ceremony, probably around 20 mins, and I don’t really want to waste money printing them just for them to be left in the church.

23 Comments

Latest activity by Danielle, on March 11, 2018 at 11:45
  • Danielle
    Curious November 2018 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't order any programs. If you can print them yourself from home then go for it!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Skip the programs if it isn't for you.

We did the programs to show the steps of the wedding and some indian touches included to let the guests know what they mean.
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Having ceremony programs must be a new thing, b/c I don't remember seeing them 5 years ago. I get it, its a nice touch, but your guest just throw them on the floor, or they go in the garbage. I think you should go with your gut, and not to have them. I've read that having ceremony programs is one way to save cost, so I'd skip it.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd skip it! I think they're a nice touch, but completely not neccessay.

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same here! So easy to DIY too!!

• Samantha
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No one in my family ever does programs. I think once the invitations state what time everything starts and if there cocktail hour, then reception... everyone usually just knows where to go. Once everyone is at reception they will be present for the cake currinf and first dance etc.
  • Michelle
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I totally love this idea! I'm going to use it because I didn't want to print off programs, but still wanted everyone to know what was up!

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're just going to make one big sign with everything listed on it I think to save from having to print off a bunch of them.

like this!Ceremony programs 1

• Kristine
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Kristine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did do programs. I ordered them from Vistaprint when they had a 50% off sale. I just did a one page, double sided.

We could have gone without, but my MIL wanted a traditional wedding... and I barely gave her any of that (we spent the night before together, did a "reveal" before the wedding, etc..) so I did programs for her.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re absolutely skipping these! In a perfect world with a bottomless budget, sure, I’d have programs, but we have a budget and can’t justify allocating money to something so insignificant.
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve never been to a wedding that had a program! I was going to make some for our wedding so people could use them as fans...still undecided
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing 2 separate programs for the ceremony and the reception because we have so much information for both that it looked crowded. We used our ceremony program to introduce the wedding party and we put a quick "thank you for coming" on the bottom, and had the outline of the ceremony.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can definitely skip them if you want to!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We skipped them! We also debating doing fan based ones since it will be the summer but we worried that people wouldn't use them and we would just be throwing them in the trash.

• Laura
    Frequent user October 2018 British Columbia
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been debating the same thing and am leaning towards skipping them. They always end up just left behind on the seats.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say you can definitely skip the cost. I would have your MC herd people where they need to go when the time is appropriate.

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say you can definitely skip them. Most people know how the wedding progresses and other than that they are usually just used as an introduction to your bridal party.

We have chosen to do them but using the program fan template because we're also getting married in August (yay August brides!) in a greenhouse/tropical setting and I'm sure they will be appreciated for their functionality.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our ceremony is roughly around the same length too. I find that they're pointless unless you're having a long, religious ceremony. We opted out of using programs to save money.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm doing something similar, will have a sign out front with bridal party details (who's who) and a list of events and times. The template I want to use is on Etsy.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/236037320/wedding-silhouette-poster-wedding-party

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No programs for us - but we're having a small wedding, maybe 10 - 15 minutes (simple vows, no readings or anything), then going straight into cocktail/canape hour and then a luncheon, all at the same venue. We'll have the commissioner or our MC ask the guests to go from the patio where the ceremony will take place back into the ballroom for the cocktails and canapes.

• Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our ceremony will maybe take 20 mins then the time between ceremony and reception will maybe be an hour or so. I thought about doing program fans cause it will be August but after meeting with the commissioner yesterday we discussed her just making an announcement either before or after the ceremony
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it depends on your guests. My fiance and I are devout Catholics, so we're having a full hour long ceremony with readings, hymns and communion. His family and friends are Catholic, but I'm a recent convert so my family is clueless to how Catholic Mass runs. Programs will be necessary for us so my side doesn't feel left out, but if you ceremony is short, and most of your guests are familiar with the traditions, I would skip them Smiley smile
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are skipping giving guest copies of the program. But we will have a sign out front for everyone to see that has the times and events on it. But if you're not fully into it then don't spend money on them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics