Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Keena
Curious July 2018 Ontario

Ceremony Music

Keena, on April 22, 2018 at 00:59 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 10
Hello
im in need of some help with ceremony music... What kind of music should we play for guests while arriving? What kind for the wedding party to walk the aisle? My FH wants me to walk down to the traditional here comes the bride which I’m fine with ... Just curious what are you walking down to ?
Thanks

10 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on April 25, 2018 at 15:37
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're definitely not going traditional with the music I'll be walking down the aisle to. It will probably just be a song that we both love tbh.

• Amanda
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm finding all instrumental versions of well known love songs (and some pop/rock)
    The music is a tribute to my father who passed away 4 years ago. All music playing while guests arrive will be instrumental versions of some of his favourite songs
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I have very different music tastes. So we sort of agreed that we would split the music and I'd choose the ceremony/cocktail and he would pick the reception though both give input.

When guests arrive we'll have 1950s/1960s rock and roll playing. Think Buddy Holly. I LOVE that stuff and our venue is a 1920s style manor with a vintage throw back feel with dark wood, stained glass and stone.

I'm walking down the aisle to "It is you I have loved" by Dana Glover. It plays during the credits of Shrek, haha.

Cocktail hour will be Big Band style music and then the reception is essentially a mash up and Top 40s.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had some jazz playing when the guests arrived. My girls walked down to the same song as me as there were only 2 of them. The song was Harry in Winter from one of the Harry Potter soundtracks.

• Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're leaving pre-ceremony music to our DJ, but I'll be walking down the aisle to an instrumental Thinking Out Loud Ed Sheeran cover by Vitamin String Quartet.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Farm wedding so we’re sticking with country songs, I’m walking down to ‘I Do’ by Jesse James Decker. It depends what your vibe is? For prelude music you’ll probably want something romantic and upbeat and you’ll want to choose enough songs to make it last about 20-30 mins while guests are arriving. There’s lots of lists online too that have some suggestions depending if you want something classical or modern.
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are not having ceremony music for our wedding, but instrumental versions of songs have been very popular at wedding the past few years. I find them a bit cheesy, but this way you can get your favourite song and it fits the theme of a wedding a bit better than it normally would.
    If I WERE having music, it would likely be orchestal movie soundtracks or something like that.
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm getting married in a Catholic Church so we are limited to litergical music, but I think having the bride (or bride and groom together in my case) walk down to instrumental music is important to keep the focus on the two of you instead of on a vocalist.

You should also keep the same song for the bridal party entrance and your entrance (unless you have Here Comes the Bride) to save from potential technical difficulty caused by a fast song change, if you are using pre-recorded music.
  • Naomi
    Curious September 2018 British Columbia
    Naomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am walking down the aisle to Carrie Underwood’s “What I Never Knew I Always Wanted”. But that’s as far as I’ve gotten.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am having a hard time deciding but have narrowed it down. I think it will be something more country themed. I found YouTube was super helpful when looking up "songs for bridal party to walk down aisle to". Generally something with a nice beat and slow but not too slow.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics