Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Candice
Curious October 2018 Alberta

Ceremony Location same as Reception Location?

Candice, on March 9, 2018 at 11:04 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 13

I have booked the venue for the reception. Has anyone had the ceremony in the same location and then "Flipped" the Venue from Ceremony to REception, or should I find an alternative location for the Ceremony. There is a Garden nearby but the wedding is October 25 and I'm not sure about the weather. Is it easier to get a seperate location or do I flip my current venue?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on March 10, 2018 at 09:48
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Flipping the venue yourselves isn't worth doing after the ceremony. The only solution is to set it up for reception and have your wedding there too.

Some have been set up to make it easier that way.
  • Laura
    Frequent user October 2018 British Columbia
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you like the reception location as a ceremony location, I would recommend just flipping it (especially if the venue does it for you). I fell in love with our ceremony location first and am now faced with the logistics and added cost of organizing transportation for wedding party and out of town guests. I don't regret booking separate locations, since I still love my ceremony site and it wasn't going to work for reception too, but it is an added complication. Depends how you see your vision for the day.

• Candice
    Curious October 2018 Alberta
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you for all your replies.... unfortuntely the venue will not "flip" the ceremony to the reception we have to do it ourselves. I feel it would be too much responsibility to have friends do this as I do not have a coordinator. The out door area is within walking distance to the reception venue and the alternative is another room in the venue to perform the ceremony, this alternative room would also be within walking distance of the reception venue.

• Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As many of the brides said, we are doing the same thing. They will square off the reception room in a square and drape it. During cocktail hour they flip the room. It's easier that way in my opinion because there is no gap. You have to consider alot of things such as in October it gets darker earlier so what time would you do it. Would you still have or even need a cocktail hour if you did that and so on. As I always say weigh the pros with the cons after all its your day, do what feels comfortable!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had everything in the same place and it was just much more convenient for everyone. Your guests will mingle while you take pictures and that gives the venue time to flip the room.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would recommend same location. It can be changed over while you are doing pictures. I have also seen a ceremony done in the reception space as is. There wasn’t an aisle so the bride kind of weaved through the tables but it worked for them.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s absolutely easier to do it all at the same place. My ceremony and reception are at 2 different places and it’s complicated in the chance that the weather doesn’t agree with us.
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're having our ceremony outside and then moving inside for the reception, but if the weather is bad they will be flipping the inside / reception area. They did tell us they need about half an hour if they need to flip it, so you might wanna keep that in mind that they'll maybe send you and your guests outside of the room for a bit
  • Katie
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both our ceremony and reception are in the same place. We’re leaning towards an indoor ceremony, so the tables will be pushed to the sides of the room, and then they have a space downstairs for the cocktail hour that we’ll use while they flip the room.
    I’ve been to weddings where there’s been 2 locations or everything at 1 location. I personally have always really liked having everything at one place because it makes it a lot easier on the guests to not have to travel all over
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're also doing our ceremony on the patio, then moving inside for the reception. If it rains we can do the ceremony indoors.

• Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've seen it done at a friend's wedding. They put the tables on the sides of the room during the ceremony, and then asked for help to place them during cocktail hour (which was served outside). It allowed them to use the same decorations for everything, and there were plenty of people willing to help.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having both in the same place, if the weather is nice then we are having the ceremony outdoors. If the weather is terrible we will have the ceremony indoors and flip the venue. Our venue says they will be prepared for either an outdoor ceremony or the indoor and at noon the day of our wedding (ceremony is at 4) we will decide where we are having it.
    They have always done this for weddings and never had a problem
  • April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our ceremony and reception is at the same place. Our plan is to have the ceremony on the patio than go inside for reception. But if it rains we’ll do everything inside and have people sit at their tables for the whole thing.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics