Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie October 2022 Ontario

Ceremony and reception separated

Andrea, on August 31, 2022 at 11:46 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

We decided, after postponing out October 2021 wedding, to do ceremony and celebration separately.

Within 24 hours of postponing (August 2021), we were able to reschedule everyone for the same weekend the following year. Around Christmas, we decided we didn't want to wait and just wanted to be married already!

We had an incredibly intimate ceremony with only immediate family and bridal party in May, with photos and a nice dinner following. Our reception is still in October with all of our extended family and friends.

Honestly, the stress was so much less doing it this way! In all reality, you are still planning two events on the same day doing everything 'traditionally'. But really, (especially in covid times), what is traditional anymore? My husband and I were able to breathe and actually focus on each other on our wedding day. I wish we could have had everything closer together, but with the amount of postponing and rescheduling that so many have endured, we knew that would be impossible.

Overall, I do recommend this to friends getting married, and anyone. I would say weddings don't have to be stressful, but there is no way around that. But breathe, take a step back and decide what you truly want out of the day. After all, it's about you and your spouse.

Congratulations to everyone, and happy planning!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on September 6, 2022 at 11:13
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Sounds perfect. I chose a venue that does it all, I sometimes feel like I am missing out on the experience but at the same time I am happy I am not stressed and can actually be happy and relaxed.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats! The feeling of less stress is the way to go during the panademic since limitations did apply. Now the clearance of the full capacity is open, the postponed reception celebration can be fun though its the extended family coming along with the family and wedding party.
  • A
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, everyone knows we are already married. We chose not to hide this.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do your guests know you're already married? I've seen situations where people did and some where people didn't.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel like it would also be super nice to enjoy being newlyweds for a bit then celebrating your marriage with all your friends and family!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's awesome to hear! I'm glad you get to have your wedding twice ❤️ and not stress so much !

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics