Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Savannah
Frequent user April 2020 Ontario

Ceremony & reception guest restrictions

Savannah, on August 11, 2020 at 14:54 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4

Wondering how other couples are navigating the restrictions with guest counts. We are planning our renewal ceremony in April, which I know is a ways away but I’ve been a huge pre-planner with our wedding. Currently the restrictions are 100 outside and 50 indoors, we are good for our ceremony as it will be outside but torn on how others are dealing with the indoor restrictions. Our guest list including the wedding party is 60 and my husband is adamant that he does not want to reduce the guest list any further where as I am

just wanting us to have our day. We did a ceremony at home this year which is originally what he wanted anyways, so our renewal is mainly for me to wear my dress and for us to celebrate with friends & family. Looking to see what other couples are doing or planning on doing as I really don’t want to postpone a 3rd time 😕

4 Comments

Latest activity by Megan, on August 12, 2020 at 13:23
  • Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am in the exact same boat as you! We got legally married in April and we'll have a celebration April 2021. I'm also a huge planner and I'm struggling with re-planning everything when we don't know what restrictions will be in place in April next year. I think that I've come to terms with the fact that I won't know what our celebration will look like until probably March. Then I'll have to quickly plan how it will all work based on the restrictions. We have an indoor venue, but this summer they've created a patio in their parking lot. I'm hoping it stays so maybe we can do an outdoor live band or maybe even dancing or lawn games. I do have a few back up venues in mind just in case. Also, I think we're going to send just family members a save the date for right now. We're slightly under the 50 person cap with just family included. We'll likely tell our closest friends to save the date but we won't be able to confirm until March or so. We've made the decision that we're not going to postpone again, so if we have to cut the guest list down, we absolutely will (originally around 80 people).
    I look forward to hearing what you guys decide to do.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The restrictions aren't the best to deal with as guest lists go. Its the tough choice to make for cutting down or finding a hall that will fit everyone invited. Venues may allow or not allow depending on their halls. Best to inquire and then compromise to a number that will work for you both to accommodate your guests.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You'll just have to wait and hope that by April things will be better. Ford has already indicated that the gathering numbers will not change before the end of the year. Considering how this pandemic is affecting us much longer than what we expected, and the federal government hinting that we're in this for the long haul, you should really speak to your husband about what to do moving forward if we're still stuck in Stage 3 come April. It's either you move the date to please him or he reduces the guest count to please you but either way, it's a frank conversation you'll need to have.

• Suzanne
    Beginner June 2020 Ontario
    Suzanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Savannah - I am in the same boat. We had to move our original wedding date from July to November. Now November is also looking sketchy and the venue provided us a 3rd date in April. We are currently restricted to 50 people per our venue capacity of 150 and the 30% capacity rule for COVID. Problem is - we have 80 people invited to the wedding. We keep waiting each time for the venue to provide us their guidelines based on the gov't recommendations - it's an ongoing 'wait and see' game which makes it incredibly difficult to plan.

We also already had our ceremony - backyard wedding to make it official and the bigger celebration later. Trying to stay positive and enjoy whatever may come at us. It's a good marriage test if nothing else!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics