Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious December 2022 Ontario

Centrepieces- Odd Table Size

Sam, on January 3, 2020 at 17:24 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
I'm trying to start planning some decor and centrepieces. The tables at our venue are 5' x 6' ovals. Has anyone had similar sized tables? How many people would this seat? I'm not finding many results from google and having a hard time visualizing! I'd love to see pictures of what everyone did for centrepieces too! Thanks Smiley smile

7 Comments

Latest activity by Sam, on January 9, 2020 at 17:28
  • S
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sorry I didn't see your comment before! I like the tall vases you did!
  • S
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your suggestion! I have spent lots of time on Pinterest but we have a weird proportion that's not quite a circle not quite an oval!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could totally do a candlebra with a flower arrangement i think that would make the tables really stand out. have u looked on pintrist?

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey there, Sam! It may be best to speak with the venue coordinator to see how many guests will be able to sit per table and you can then plan your tablescape with this information.Amelia's idea about having centerpieces that mirror the shape of the table is great! Here are some examples I found on Pinterest. These tables may not be the same size as yours, however, they can give you some ideas Smiley smile

Centrepieces- Odd Table Size 1
    Centrepieces- Odd Table Size 2
    Centrepieces- Odd Table Size 3
    Centrepieces- Odd Table Size 4

• S
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your suggestions! I've looked at some of the pictures but most of them don't show a clear setup of the tables so that's where I'm struggling! I'll take another look though
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Sam!
    I think the center pieces could mirror the shape of the table, like slightly oblong flower arrangements or trios of vases/candles. Then again, it's your wedding so do what makes you happiest!
    Have you reached out to the venue to see if they have any photos of the tables set up for other events? I'm having a hard time picturing them to imagine how many people would be able to sit comfortably around them.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oval tables have many ways to work with centerpieces depending on the décor to choose to place. The venue itself will give you an idea of what you can put together for colour and design. We had rectangular tables and simple décor based on the fact we had lots of glass that allowed the sunshine to come in for the most of the afternoon.

Square vases with immersable LED lights and flower balls artificial. Each table had a different colour.

Centrepieces- Odd Table Size 5

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics