Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lindsay
Beginner October 2020 British Columbia

Centrepiece help?

Lindsay, on January 30, 2020 at 02:08 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5

Hello fellow brides!

I was hoping for your opinions Smiley smile I'm eloping in Whistler and my new hubby and I will be going out for dinner somewhere nice, just the two of us. I will be having my DOC set up the table for us while we're getting our photos done. I haven't settled on my restaurant choice yet but I'm hoping for somewhere that has a cozy, romantic vibe with hopefully a table for two tucked in the corner that we can use. I may be limited in how much the restaurant will allow us to set up but I'm hoping they will at least allow us to have a centrepiece on the table.

Anywho...all that to say, I have the following as my inspiration picture for the centrepiece. My question though is, do you think the geometric look will be "dated" in a few years? I'm really hoping for a relatively timeless look to my whole wedding and I'm wary of using anything that is too "trendy".....

Thoughts?

Centrepiece InspirationCentrepiece help? 1

5 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on February 2, 2020 at 21:56
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nooo wont be dated! those are so nice!!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like it, but will it be outdated? Most likely. Will it come back in style? Most likely. Smiley tongue

Everything changes but as we can see - most things come back in style. If you love it then I think that you should go with it! Besides, I don't know about you, but I like looking back at my parent's wedding pictures from 30+ years ago and seeing just how crazy they look compared to weddings now!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It is trendy and will definitely eventually go out of style but if you love it I would keep it. Everything in weddings seems to come and go (like long sleeves are back) that no matter what you do something about your photos will be trendy. Plus it's just one small element so it might not be as noticably dated in 20 years.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It is trendy which means it does run the risk of looking dated in a few decades, but will that really bother you down the line? Or would you just see it as a sign of the time period you were married in? If you think you’ll still love the look then, keep it!
    If it would bother you, maybe stick to flowers and greenery since that’s always been and always will be an option.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The choice of centerpiece is nice and will be in since this pattern/shape is a rustic metallic setting.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics