Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lyla
Devoted July 2018 Alberta

Ceiling clips

Lyla, on March 29, 2018 at 04:47 Posted in DIY 0 9
What kind of ceiling clip did/ are you using to hang your string lights? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Lyla, on April 3, 2018 at 15:38
  • Lyla
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thankyou! Yes I think I may have to go that route, I got a really great deal on my lights but I’m still terrified of breaking them!
  • Lyla
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That would be awesome, thankyou Smiley smile
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay, might not be the best option for you then. I'm having one paper lantern with fairy lights on each so they are fairly light. You can always check the weight limit though; it should say on the package how much it can hold. I plan on buying some in the next few days so I can see if it has a weight limit on it.

• Lyla
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    How much weight do you plan to put on each? I’m not too sure that will hold for mine since I’m doing only one in the center and out to the walls on both sides
  • Lyla
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m planning on the ceiling to the center of the room. They’re 100 ft long strands and the reception as you can see has the square roof tiles

Ceiling clips 1

Ceiling clips 2
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I asked our venue and they said grid hooks, 3M sticky tape, T-bar grid hooks. Our venue has the rectangle tiles that pop out (like this)

Ceiling clips 3

The T-bar hooks just clip on to the plastic in between.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey!

Are you planning on hanging them from wall to wall or did you want to attach them to the actual ceiling?

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Venues that are decorated often have them and just leave them in place. Ours doesn't have them. They ok'd us using a carpenters stapler. So far that's the plan and also utilizing the chain on the hanging lights, but I may look into the clips you speak of.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My decorator said they use a particular type of clip, but I'm not sure what they are. Contact a decorating company and tell them you're just looking for advice. I'm sure they will help out!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics