Christina
Beginner September 2021 Alberta

Cash gift registries

Christina, on July 23, 2021 at 10:35 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
Saved
Does anyone have any experience with cash fund registries & can recommend one? My fiancé and I have lived together for years and in lieu of a traditional registry I was going to do a cash gift one for those guests that don’t want to just gift plain cash without knowing what they are contributing towards - like they can buy tickets towards an item. Any thoughts on these?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Alexis, on July 28, 2021 at 10:18
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    Sorry my comment doesn’t answer your question at all lol I’m super sleepy
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    We put together a very small gift registry with gifts in it and never asked for money.. 99% of people gave us money for the wedding gift. It was a pleasant surprise because we wanted money but didn’t know how to say it lol
    I think a lot of people will know you don’t need a toaster etc;
  • Vinod
    Featured August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    One couple did do the myregistry site and may have found out there may be a surcharge for their services which you're not receiving all the money. Best to check out their terms and conditions before accepting.
  • Christina
    Beginner September 2021 Alberta
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the recommendation!
  • Stacey TC
    Featured August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey TC ·
    • Dispute

Myregistry.com has a number of options like a honeymoon fund, house down payment, charity, and so others. You can also create your own. I believe it's connected through paypal.

This site also has the option to add gift cards from multiple places just like adding an actual gift.

I recommend checking it out.

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    I’ve heard of something similar for a honeymoon fund.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles