Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Andie
Expert May 2019 Ontario

Card Box diy

Andie, on May 17, 2018 at 14:30 Posted in DIY 0 9
Hey ladies, I need your opinion/knowledge. We are DIYing our card Box to look like a treasure chest and I was wondering if we should have it open or closed with a slit. Is there any pros/cons to either or just personal preference? The pictures below are for reference, not mine.

Card Box diy 1

Card Box diy 2

9 Comments

Latest activity by Joey, on May 18, 2018 at 15:54
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say closed, I think that will give it more of the treasure chest look you're going for. I wouldn't want anyone to focus on the inside and miss the cute details!

• J
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    JuneBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree with this.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would suggest having it so that it can open (with a lock for safety), but also having a slit. I like the closed look.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well... I was going to say open so that you can reuse the chest down the line without it having a slit in the top... but now that safety is a concern.... I suppose that the top picture could always have the slit filled in?

• Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd say closed, and find a super adorable lock to attach to the front of it! Smiley smile You can always open it up if you are inclined to have your photographer take some pictures of it, etc.

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Totally agree with everyone else. Closed is best for safety. You never know what kinda shifty people will sneak into your wedding! Make sure you fix a lock onto it as well Smiley smile
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I also agree with closed, my grandpa is making us one that opens up but it will be closed with a lock and has a slit on top for the cards.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Safety wise definitely closed. but I do just like the look of the slot. keep in mind there are a LOT of large wedding card designs. so make sure that it is long enough and your box is deep enough.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say closed! Most boxes just have a spot to be more pritective! Plus I think the box looks a lot nicer closed with a slit!
    But 100% primary reason for closed would be for safety!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics