Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kathy
Curious June 2022 Ontario

Card box

Kathy, on March 20, 2021 at 10:10 Posted in Wedding reception 0 16

Hi All,

Trying to find an inexpensive card box idea. I like the acrylic box idea but they seem pricey and what would we do with it after? Don't want a dust collector.

Also like the glass box idea as well......hmmmm......thought of a DIY but when I try they look homemade! It's not something I want to spend a lot of time thinking about but want something to go with our modern elegant theme.

Any ideas?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Kathy, on March 27, 2021 at 08:30
  • Kathy
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What a great idea!!! Thank you Smiley smile

• Kathy
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol I love it! Nothing wrong with nerds Smiley winking

• Kathy
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's the look I'm going for! Thank you Smiley smile

• Colleen
    Curious April 2022 Ontario
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This definitely won’t go with your elegant theme, but I figured someone else might like the idea! We did ours out of lego lol we built the base with a slot to slide cards into and then built Hogwarts castle on top. Can you tell we’re nerds? 😅
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We used a false book box to hold all of our cards, that way we can easily keep them hidden away in our bookshelf after the wedding and it gave a nice nod to our guests of our love of reading.
  • Maria
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought my acrylic box at Michaels. They usually sell for about $50 and I used a 50% coupon so got it for about $25 ☺️
  • Kimberly
    Curious July 2021 Alberta
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Card box 1
    This pic is from Pinterest. You buy the socker greenhouse from ikea ($25) and then get a vinyl sticker made (I got one from Etsy). I then plan on spray painting the white to gold instead.
  • C
    Beginner August 2021 Ontario
    Claudia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you consider buying one off market place. There are people whose wedding has come and gone and they are selling a few items including the card boxes!
  • Karen
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies,

Our Wedding is a Rustic, Beach...Farm Wedding.

Both of our folks are gone now and so we wanted to incorporate as much as we could from them to have our folks there on our Special Day...

So we thought of a few different things...here are some of our ideas that we are going with...

For the Dinner - We are using both of our Mothers fine crystal wine glasses...our Dinner is smaller immediate family only so we have between 22-30 Dinner Guests;

On our Dinner's Wedding Cake - I am using my Mothers Cake Topper - and we picked a Special more Rustic one for the Reception Cake;

For the Card Box...I come from a family of Wood Workers - I wanted something different and yet representative of my better half's family on this go...We have my Mother's Cake Topper, Our Mothers Fine Crystal...What to do to represent his side of the family!? After much thought...He came to me one day and showed me a HAT BOX that was carefully packed away that held one of his mothers "Sunday Best Hats!" It was a beautiful old style larger Hat Box...So...we now have his Mother represented in a Special way on our Special Day!

Just to tie up things, at the Alter, both our Fathers walked ALOT...and into their later years....We will have their Walking Sticks on the Grooms Side at the Alter to represent both Dad's and on the Brides' Side, a Vintage Jewelry Box holding a piece of each Mother's Jewelry...

Maybe a bit off topic...BUT I just wanted to share how we are Celebrating our folks on our Special Day through out the whole day...

K

• Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Card box 2
    I got this off of Facebook marketplace for $15
  • Kathy
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good idea! Thanks 😊

• Kathy
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great idea! Never thought of that. Will ask our venue if they do that. Thanks!

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Check Facebook marketplace or thrift stores. Card boxes are something you can’t really use after the wedding so I bet there are tons being sold/donated.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Check out micheals maybe. I got my invitation kits for $10 each they seem to be getting new inventory right now or use a 40% off coupon they are usually on-line.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found ours from Walmart for like $25 dollars

Card box 3

• Sara
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're renting one for the day from a local event rental business. It's super cheap to rent and exactly what we want, they had a lot of options. We figured there was no point in dropping money to buy one if we had no use for it afterward! Something to look into

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics