Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Miav
Devoted September 2020 Alberta

Can't decide on makeup artist. Please help!

Miav, on August 4, 2019 at 15:30 Posted in Beauty 0 9
I went to 2 different makeup trails with 2 diff artists. The first one is a beginner with no wedding day of experience yet, but she did pretty well and I like her makeup. She did a darker tone on the eyes, beautiful eyebrows, and she is charging cheaper. Her makeup is more of a "dewy" look. The issue is she takes very long with makeup. She requested for 6 hrs to prep all girls on the day of and I told her we only have 4 hours. She said she will work on the timing and get back to me

1st makeup artistCan't decide on makeup artist. Please help! 11st makeup artistCan't decide on makeup artist. Please help! 2

2nd makeup artist is a pro in weddings. Have done lots of weddings in the past, lots of great reviews online, and told me our 4 hours prep time is enough. She is charging 3 times more than the 1st makeup artist. I like her style too as it is more natural and similar to what I look like everyday, hence I wont look to different. She has a more matte finish.

2nd makeup artistCan't decide on makeup artist. Please help! 32nd makeup artistCan't decide on makeup artist. Please help! 42nd makeup artistCan't decide on makeup artist. Please help! 5

Which do you think looks better? I can't decide! Both are within my budget but of course the cheaper one will be easier to take lol but I am worried about our timing. Any opinion will be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot Smiley laugh Smiley heart

9 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on September 4, 2019 at 12:06
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Which one do you prefer? After looking at them again, the second one is starting to look pretty good!

• Miav
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Unfortunately I do not have other photos Smiley sad you are right, the first trial was done in a darker space with no natural light, while the 2nd trial is in a studio with lots of professional lights. I am torn because my fiancee was actually the only one to see me in person sporting both trial makeup and he said he prefers the second one. Whilst all those I asked and sent these photos to prefer the first one

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the first one. I think the second one went overboard on the blush and it doesn’t look as special. Do you have any better pictures of the first one? I feel like the picture quality isn’t equal for both of these trials.
  • Miav
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much! Smiley kiss

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally like the first one.. They are both nice, but the first is a little bit more extra..

• Miav
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! Smiley kiss I've been getting that comment a lot. Sent these photos to my bridesmaids for more opinions lol

• Miav
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much! Yes, I usually prefer natural makeup.. and our theme is more rustic autumn in a garden setting. I'd like to think natural is the best way to go to match Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner June 2019 Quebec
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You look beautiful in both but just by reading your post it sounds like you’ve already made a decision.. you wrote that the second one makes you feel more like you - I think that’s very important!
    It seems that’s the makeup look you like most so I say go for that
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the first one! You look pretty in both Smiley smile but the makeup in the first seems a bit more glamourous!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics