Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mimi
Curious October 2020 Alberta

Canmore/banff Ceremony and Calgary reception a good idea?

Mimi, on March 11, 2019 at 16:24 Posted in Alberta 0 3
Hi,

We were originally planning to have our wedding at Canmore for Oct 10, 2020 but the wedding venue we loved got booked. Silly us, we waited two weeks before we decided to book the venue and now the date is not available.

We really love the mountains!! So, maybe we can have the ceremony up in Canmore or Banff. And have the reception at Calgary. Is that ideal? Has it been done before?

the other reception venues in Canmore/Banff are too pricey for us.

Another option we were thinking about is have the ceremony and reception in Calgary... and having the photos taken at Canmore/Banff area. But I don’t know if that has been done? Or if it would have a big gap between ceremony and reception.

i am open to suggestions of ceremony sites with mountain view even if it’s not Canmore or Banff. Haven’t found a definite venue yet.

Any help and advice would really be appreciated

3 Comments

Latest activity by Mimi, on March 20, 2019 at 17:08
  • Mimi
    Curious October 2020 Alberta
    Mimi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m still thinking of providing the bus rides depending on the price. Or have friends carpool. I like the idea of having a cocktail hour before the bus ride.

I do think the first look at the mountains is a great idea... (didn’t even cross my mind) although, my fiancée is really traditional when it comes to not seeing me until the ceremony, I will keep this in mind and suggest it to her as well. Maybe she’ll consider it. 😊

thank you so much for these lovely advices
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've never heard of having the ceremony/reception that far away, personally, but I'm sure it has/can be done. I would be very clear on the invitations that the ceremony is in Canmore and the reception in Calgary. I would also suggest a carpool option or look into hiring a bus. I would also suggest having a small cocktail hour at the ceremony location, to fuel people before the drive back to the city!

You could also do a first look in the mountains, get the majority of the pictures there, then go back to the city for an evening ceremony and reception.

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jana! Congratulations on your engagement! I'm so sorry that the venue you were hoping for has been booked for your date.

Have you had a chance to browse our venue directory? I had a quick look for you and found a few venues in both Canmore and Banff that might be worth having a look at. Hopefully, some of them have your dream mountain view!

Wedding venues in Canmore

Wedding venues in Banff

I had so much fun looking up these beautiful mountain locations for you that I came across a couple of articles that might have some helpful details for you also!

The Top 10 Mountain Wedding Venues in Alberta

6 Gorgeous Canmore Wedding Venues for Rustic-Chic Couples

I hope these are helpful for your venue search!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics