Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie August 2019 Alberta

Candy bar

Alyssa, on August 30, 2018 at 14:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
Hey!! How much did everyone spend on candy for a candy bar. Wedding is approx 150 people. No kids.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Peggy, on August 31, 2018 at 12:26
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh, also, remember that different types of candy weigh more/less and fill up containers differently.

1 lb of jellybeans vs 1 lb of marshmellow candy vs 1 lb of gummy worms vs 1 lb of chocolate

It's all 1 pound, but may not fill up much in a container or be enough for many people. Take that into consideration when choosing your candy

• A
    Newbie August 2019 Alberta
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow good to know. Thank you so much
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yup, I agree with Clarissa - I have always heard 0.5 pounds per person. And even without kids, Adults go NUTS for candy buffets - they always take more than the kids do, haha.

My wedding is 208 people for dinner, and another 70-ish invited to crash for drinks and dancing afterwards. We are having 140 pounds of candy, which is costing us about 500$, not including scoops or containers.

My advice - Shop around. I actually found the cheapest place, by far, was Real Canadian Wholesale Club. Beat Bulkbarn by almost 50% on cost, Costco by about 20% and online by about 40%! They also have the added benefit of selling the candy in smaller packages of 2-5 pounds (depending on the candy) and we can return any that are unopened.

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was advised about 0.5lbs per person rounded up. So for about 150 ppl you’d be looking at having about 75lbs of candy total.
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I spent $200 not including bowls or scoops

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics