Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Curious May 2021 Ontario

Cancelled wedding 😞

Amanda, on April 22, 2021 at 15:48 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 9
So I and my fiancé have decided to cancel our big wedding and make it to a small civil wedding, it’s already draining me having to keep postponing and rescheduling as I don’t know how long this COVID will last. For sure we will be loosing our deposit but we get our refund back, both families are friends are scared of coming to the wedding. Who else is in the same boat with me, we can make a big wedding on maybe our anniversary someday, it sucks and I am already 5months pregnant,

9 Comments

Latest activity by Stefanie, on April 30, 2021 at 21:16
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We postponed our wedding reception and church wedding from August 15, 2020 to August 14th of this year. We got married last year in a small ceremony done by a JP as we still wanted to be married.

This year isn't looking any better so we will probably just get our marriage blessed by the church and that will be it. We decided that since we couldn't have our reception, we would have a big 5 year anniversary celebration instead.
    You're not alone and COVID has definitely thrown a wrench into things but I think you're plan is a good one. Congrats on your little one too 😊
  • Amanda
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Me too, most vendors gave us back our money and some took off non refundable deposit. But the reception venue are been greedy, they have refused to refund us our money back and we will be going to court for that because I can’t leave huge amount of money for them, contract was sign before COVID started and we can’t have more than 10persons. Anyways I am ready to open a court case to get back every penny.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just sadly made the same decision this week! We cancelled our church and venue that we originally booked and we are going to get married closer to where we live now with just family.

Our venue was fantastic and gave us our deposit back, but some other vendors are being a bit of a pain.

Congrats on your pregnancy! One of the reasons we cancelled and moved our date up is we want to start our family! Smiley smile

• B
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Bonnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're in the exact same boat (minus the pregnancySmiley laugh ). Trying to find a venue for just he civil wedding has not been easy either!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats on your pregnancy! Its great to hear your putting your plans to a smaller intimate number as the times don't get better and patience does run thin of excitement. Its great news your deposit is being refunded and able to make yourselves happy. Yes its true that your anniversary can be celebrated at a later time with everyone present and to make arrangements where needed to celebrate you two.
  • Aldina
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Aldina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is my third time postponing our wedding. It was always a small wedding. 10 people. We were all set to get married in 7 days. So next Friday, when we got a call from my in laws (two days ago) telling us they don’t feel comfortable and don’t want to attend. We have lost few deposits. So this time around we are set for June 11th. Now issues is the ceremony is not close to where they wanted it and etc. My fiancé and I are paying for it ourselves. We think we will just say it’s our day and if you can’t make it. Sorry.

I am just tired of this and of losing money.
  • Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on your pregnancy!

My Fiance and I decided to just do a small 10 person ceremony (May 23rd) and then we will be working on baby #2. After that we plan on having our vow renewals and ceremony. We weren't going to do a vow renewal but now with the travel ban in BC my sister (Maid of honor), Dad and my fiances parents cant be there. To give my dad the chance to walk me down the isle the vow renewal is what we have decided on (Plus getting a new dress for that one so win win!!)

Initially its hard to wrap your head around but eventually you just adjust and to be honest were just as excited! Especially about having our wedding 2.0 Smiley tongue

• K
    Curious May 2020 Alberta
    Kendell ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm sorry your day got canceled. It is so heartbreaking. I hope you can celebrate one day in the future with your new baby in tow.

I understand what you're going through. We canceled ours 2 weeks ago and im selling all my decor to get rid of it. Im done planning and postponing and changing things.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on the baby Smiley heart My fiance and I just postponed our August 7 wedding to next summer yesterday and I feel your pain. Even though we both want to have the wedding we've dreamed of for the past 3 years, it definitely has been draining to say the least. I know we will eventually get married, it's just the uncertainty of everything you know

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics