Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maegan
Frequent user August 2021 Ontario

Can we have two rounds of invites?

Maegan, on November 17, 2019 at 18:37 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
So my Fh and I have had 2 guestlsits for a while now- the definite and the maybe's (if theres room). We just finished our invites and want to start sending them out to the definite list but were not sure how to go about this? Problem is if everyone on our definite list can make it then the maybes won't fit. Can we send out 2 rounds of invites without it being awkward or do we need to make the final guestlist decisions prior to sending out any invites?

Thoughts? Opinions? TIA!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on November 21, 2019 at 17:43
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

2 rounds of invites are a secure way to know declines coming in an others on List B can fill in for those seats.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would send out the defines earlier than normal that way you can send the maybes earlier as well so people dont feel like they were second on your list.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Totally fine to do A and B lists!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sure can! That's what me and my DH did! First round went out at the 5 month mark with a 3 month RSVP date deadline and the second round went out that same week with a 1 month mark RSVP date deadline. Just need to have two set of invites with different RSVP dates on them.

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can totally do this - if it’s possible, I’d recommend having the second set of invites with a longer rsvp date. We did that, and it worked great for us!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely! And maybe rank your "maybes" so as negative RSVPs come back you can invite the most important maybes first.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A and B guest lists are fine in my opinion! I don’t see a problem with it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics