Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Margaret
Curious December 2021 Ontario

Can’t decide between 2 venues! Help!

Margaret, on March 8, 2020 at 18:14 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
How did you come up with your final decision on venues? We are torn between Arlington Estate and The Doctors House for hosting our winter wedding. (We plan to have the ceremony and venue in one place for approximately 100 people.)

Both have really good reviews, and beautiful spaces. The food and drink menus are great. The price is comparable - Arlington is a bit pricier, but it’s just so beautiful and it has heated flooring out on the terrace. Doctors house offers a really cute chapel for the ceremony. They are also dog friendly for the ceremony.
Any suggestions would help! Thanks in advance xo

14 Comments

Latest activity by Margaret, on March 11, 2020 at 10:05
  • Margaret
    Margaret ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! We ended up choosing the nicer venue since the price would be the same and I wouldn’t have to worry about extra costs.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would choose the cheaper price even if its not much!

• Margaret
    Margaret ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!

I made a list of pros and cons list. We are both leaning towards Arlington Estate, but we don't want to finalize it until we've toured DH formally.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A chart with pros and cons can help to determine which venue is the best choice to have your ceremony and reception. Decisions factored into what is important to you and price help along with the bar as well.
  • Margaret
    Margaret ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the input!

I've heard mixed reviews about the food there!

• Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The food at the Doctor's house is really fantastic! We used to go there for dinner before it became an exclusive wedding venue. We went to a wedding there after that and it was great.

• Margaret
    Margaret ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Laura,

It is a very tough decision! It's good to see we aren't the only people trying to choose between 2 venues. We both want a modern wedding- a venue that has white walls, no carpeting and large windows with a onsite ceremony space that allows our dog to be there! It's hard to choose haha

• Margaret
    Margaret ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Kelsie,

Thanks so much for your input!

Fortunately, we didn't get that impression at Arlington. The manager took his time with us over the menu and so did the sales rep when we toured the location. We felt at ease during the appointment, but we did have to wait because they were so busy!

I still made an appointment for a formal tour at the Doctor's House this weekend (we went to an open house last time) and I'm hoping we can make a decision soon!

• Margaret
    Margaret ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Amelia,

I started a pros and cons list and hope we can make a decision between the two.

Right now, it looks like price and the modern space are the deciding factors!

• Margaret
    Margaret ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Daniela,

Thanks for the input!

I think our non-negotiable would be a dog-friendly ceremony. Both confirmed that dogs are welcome, but obviously not at the reception.

I made another appointment for a formal tour with Doctor's House (we only went to the open house previously), so I am hoping we can make decision.

Since our wedding will be in the winter, we are not too concerned with sharing a space, but I know DH will likely have more than 1 event that day versus Arlington - we would only share with 1 wedding.

• Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Is there something that is non negotiable that one has and the other doesnt? We loooved the Arlington estate, but my non negotiable was I refused the share the space with another wedding, even if there is a slight separation, so ultimately the venue did not work for us. I tried to convince myself I could get over the sharing bc its a beautiful venue and the menu and pricing wasnt bad but I just couldnt. Especially at Arlington bc the terrace for the east room or whatever the smaller is, is sooo small compared that that huge terrace on the other room so we felt it looked bad in comparison if people looked around. Also we were afraid that being in the terrace ppl can hear the party next door and the grounds are free for all for both weddings so again it came down to the sharing that we didnt want.

we didnt go to the doctors house bc you would also share with other weddings so we didnt waste more time.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were deciding between two venues, one had more of the look I wanted but very little for amenities, the other had all the amenities but isn't as modern. My fiance felt strongly about the one where we had to do less work so we went with that one.

I would weigh all the pros and cons and see if one has more of the vibe you want, or if one has more pros than the other.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I loved Arlington - the only thing I didn’t like was how snooty they were. I didn’t choose them for my venue but was interested in hosting my shower there and they only let you host your shower there if you’re having your reception there lol seems like a bad business plan to me but anyway.

Doctors house is cute and quaint! We’re getting married just up the street at Copper Creek Golf Club! We opted not to choose it because it ultimately wasn’t us.
    I’ve never eaten there so I don’t know how the food is but I’ve heard fantastic things!
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have heard so many good things about the Doctor's House, many people have told us to check it out. I also find a lot of people have been married there, which makes it lose its uniqueness a bit. I love the idea of an estate wedding! It is a tough decision - we are feeling torn as well. Think about the theme and vibe you'd like as they may offer different things for you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics