Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner August 2018 Ontario

Can all the planning be done within a year? feeling overwhelmed!

Kaitlyn, on September 8, 2017 at 10:14 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14

We just got engaged in August and are hoping to have our wedding in Aug 2018. Is it possible to pull it all off in 12 months? How did you do it? Was it what you wanted? Did is cost more? Should we spend a year saving and researching?

Any advise welcome Smiley smile

14 Comments

Latest activity by Sonja, on September 10, 2017 at 23:09
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can do it in a year but you'll have to get started now. I did mine in 9 months. The first thing is decide how big your wedding will be and book the venue soon. Next, check out photographers and music and get that booked. Prepare your invitations and send them out. Start looking for your dress and afterwards the bridesmaids dresses. You'll need an officiant, a meal (or whatever you choose), a cake, flowers, and transportation. That's pretty much all the important stuff.

• Amanda
    Frequent user September 2017 Quebec
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Absolutely doable....I put my wedding together in 5 months and the only thing I had to let go of was my dream of having a barn wedding. I live in Quebec and September time is apple picking season so the place I wanted to have it as was closed for weddings and open for apple picking 😔 but everything else is just as I wanted...ceremony by the lake and all that jazz 😊! Good luck and have fun. Try not to stress...Its supposed to be fun!
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It totally can! I got engaged October 14th last year and we are getting married October 14th this year! Exactly one year. We are almost 5 weeks away from the day and the only thing we have left to do is pay the remaining balance to our vendors
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A year is totally doable!! We planned ours in less than eight months. I would have been so relaxed if I had that extra four months. As others have said, lists can look really long, but many items on them aren't that time consuming, so don't worry, you got this!

• Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Don't let the list overwhelm you. I found i could omit a ton of things. Then it didn't look so terrifying.

• K
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree I think once the Venue is done with i'll feel better.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, it can definitely be done as long as you're flexible! Your first choice venues might not be available but you can always find something you love. I would check with them first and once you have that, everything else will come together. Venues and dress are the things that take the longest!

Honestly, we're taking about 9 months and I wouldn't want to take any longer. I'm ready to get this show on the road!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're welcome!

• K
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

9 Months WOW!

Thank you Erin!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged on Christmas day and are getting married at the end of this month. We will have had a total of 9 months and 5 days from engagement to wedding. We have been able to get everything planned as we wanted so far. We were very lucky that we are getting married at a property owned by my family so we didn't need to book a venue which I hear is quite difficult. I would start looking into venues and dresses ASAP. Also, since you have a "shorter" time frame, be open-minded and flexible as sometimes plan A will not work out.

• K
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Kayla! The To DO List is long Smiley winking

• Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sure is. But make sure you're on top of things and don't leave anything until the last minute (i could kick myself in the butt for that).

I got engaged Nov 19th of last year and i'm getting married next weekend. I started planning in March.

The to-do list on this website is awesome for helping keep you organized. Utilize it as much as possible!

• K
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Chelsea!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It definitely is possible. My one cousin got engaged November 25th of last year and is getting married September 30th of this year. Another cousin of mine got engaged June 20th of last year and got married November 5th of last year, so hers was a super short engagement. Another cousin of mine asked his wife to marry her September 14th of last year and they got married July 1st of this year. So it is possible to do it in a year for sure. You will just have to put a lot of time and effort into planning and you would need to book things pretty quickly, because most vendors book a year or more in advance!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics