Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Super September 2022 Alberta

Calling aug/sep/oct 2022 brides!!

Alyx, on January 28, 2022 at 00:51 Posted in Plan a wedding 6 22
Wedding date -September 30th 2022
I have enjoyed wedding planning since I started in February! It hasn’t been too stressful! But the last couple weeks I have felt a little pressure/stress with getting vendors payed and extra details payed. Has anyone else felt the stress? 😬 please tell me I’m not the only one lol
This might be a dumb question but how have you planned out on which vendor your going to pay first ? Have you bought all your decor already or have you been doing it gradually? We have a decor rental company so we have some odds and ends that are left to buy. We have all our deposits down for every vendor and have to pay in full by September. I was talking with my fiancé tonight on what we should do first. We just looked at wedding bands so I think we should order those but then our florist needs to be payed 6 months prior so that’s coming up and then I want to get my gifts for my bridesmaids before July to give to them at my bachelorette! Seems like a lot I need to get done lol. Then we need to get suits organized by April mayish at least that’s what I’m told ? Maybe we should do them sooner? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! 🥰

22 Comments

Latest activity by Mari, on February 21, 2022 at 15:44
  • Mari
    Newbie October 2022 Alberta
    Mari ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m also getting married October 9 🙏🏻🎉
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    September groom here - we have paid 3 vendors in full already (DJ, photographer and limousine). Our venue is not even accepting deposits in light of COVID, but we have been given an anticipated budget allowing for alcohol as well.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The vendors are not easy to get the payments equally out as we want. The way I divided the payments apart from the venue given the dates of payments. I put the amount for payments aside into another account to make to the vendors once it was enough to divide it. I had to work overtime too in order to make it work if I hadn't said anything.

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Fingers crossed but I think we may have found a venue for October 1st! Going to take a tour on Monday then we’ll decide and the planning can really begin 😬
  • K
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

September 10 bride here. I put money aside for each vendor and allocated money to them and scheduled when they require payment in full. I have been able to get all my vendors and decor done. My only items left are bridesmaid dresses, grooms suits and outfits for my sons. The hardest part I found was what kind of style was I going after and staying true to myself, so many outside influences. I found looks on pinterested

I bought my dress when I was 3 months pregnant and something that is my style but also forgiving. We bought the bands early and got such an amazing deal.
    I actually booked 2 venues but then covid happened so i had to cancel my original venue but i ended up with the one on the lake about 10 min (walk) from our house which is beautiful. Amazing view of the bay so the water is such a nice natural back drop. I found that once i settled on the venue everything fell together. Then I found local vendors as with the pandemic I wanted to help local vendors.
    I had to plan so early because my son's 1st birthday is a week after so I want to also have money and time to schedule that in addition I want to enjoy my summer and not stress about planning a wedding.

• Courtney
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm getting Married October 9th!

Time is for sure going fast. I also made a spread sheet for all the things I have booked or bought with a price. I wrote out if I have given a deposit and how much is still owing. I found its helped so I know how much I have to pay in the end lol We are currently still browsing photographers/prices for that as well as Limos. Highly suggest joining some marketplace groups! Even etsy and amazon has some good deals for things. Pinterest helps get your imagination going for DIY things. I found pictures of what I liked and then have been figuring out if its worth it to make or is it just less stressful to buy. What I have bought so far are things I can re sell after to make up some of the cost. Like others have said, most vendors have due dates for when they need to be paid. I would make a list of dates and put the money aside for that so your ready when that time comes. For your groomsmen, April/ May should be good, they don't take as long as dresses. I wouldn't wait much later than that though. All the best!

• Sarah
    Newbie August 2022 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aug 13th is my date too! And I'm also in the same boat. I am doing a lot of my wedding stuff myself, we are having a backyard wedding, but it's too early to do a lot. So I'm just waiting for the date to get closer. I've gotten some decor things but am also running out of space fast. Haha
  • S
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Tell me about it! September 2nd, 2022 bride here! We hired a wedding planner, on a partial package. She provided a list of tailored vendors, and a checklist and timeline for securing vendors/completing tasks for the wedding. It's been so incredibly helpful. We've essentially followed her guide and made payments as we secured each vendor. Payments have been staggered because of that. Only the final payments, due shortly before the wedding will all be around the same time. I decided to pick 1 vendor (random order) and put the final payment amount of money from each paycheck aside, that way I have a lump sump amount for all those payments due.

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hear ya! I have half the checklist done and the rest seems daunting!! 7 months left for us!

Real florals are more money less work, artificial if you can’t find someone local you could get duty fees which could be as much as a florist. Also more work you or friends and family would have to set up yourselves, which I found to be stressful to plan out and I rather not have to worry on my wedding day. To save money with real florals you can repurpose your bouquets as centrepieces or arch swag and head table florals. Are total cost for flowers is 1200. 5 bouquets, 7 boutonnières, 4 corsages. Arch swag repurposed into head table flowers. Eucalyptus garland on our 7 rectangle tables, 3 centrepieces on round tables. Our florist sets up. Another option could be a decor rental service which we are having for some fake florals on extra tables. And most of our decor and it’s 1600 for set up take down. We did this because we are 12 hours away from our venue and don’t want to haul decor around in our house and vechicle. You can find artificial florals like bouquets and boutonnières on market place aswell just remember the space and transferring and the timeline of setting it up on wedding day.

For me I don’t think videographer is that important! For the price they are in my opinion. We were able to go with a family friend for 1200 and a 3 minute highlight video of our day I know everyone says it’s so worth it but idk it’s just not important to me! Do what’s right for you guys!
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I highly suggest Jamie Wolfer on YouTube as well! She is a wedding planner with great tips and tricks 😊
  • Erinn
    Curious October 2022 Saskatchewan
    Erinn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

October wedding here! I have had all the "big" things looked after for a quite some time now - venue, caterer, photography, officiant, hair & makeup. And just recently ordered my dress (finally!) I thought I was on top of things but now it seems as though time is flying and I haven't accomplished much! I can't decide between real or artificial flowers, and also not sure if its worth the money to book a videographer?? I've been gathering decorations slowly through buy & sell pages on facebook but think its time to go to an actual décor shop and see what they have to offer! Great idea to take a look at Valentine's day deals that may be coming up!

• E
    Newbie August 2022 Ontario
    Ella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!!

Im stuck because of this whole pandemic with Doug ford and Trudeau. However, I have my venue locked in, photographer/videographer, caterers, day off wedding coordinator, dj, and emcee. We planned on getting married at a church but the church we wanted gave us a no go and our decor we’re doing from scratch with one of our good friends. Still has no wedding dress. If anyone knows a church in toronto, Ont that is Christian i would much appreciate sending them my way. We’re getting married in August 6 as well as a wedding store.
  • Deborah
    Deborah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am getting married in September.
    So the best thing to do is go to a bridal show and plan and budget. The best tips would be coming from the bridal shows.

• Rachael
    Newbie October 2023 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I still have to hire my caterer, but aside from that I have everything big settled on 💙
  • R
    Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've also found Facebook marketplace. wedding specific groups to buy 2nd hand items you will never need again like easels, card box, signage and candles. And then I am going to resell it to make some of the money back.

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congrats!!

That’s great it has been pretty inexpensive for you guys! Our families are helping with our wedding too and my grandma bought my wedding dress, I’m so grateful!
    Our vendors are the same! I went through all my contracts today and organized who comes first so that definitely helped!
    Yes I need to use that checklist more! For some reason I forget about it haha ! I always come on wedding wire for the community! It’s been so helpful having other brides to relate to! Another thing I do is listen to wedding podcasts (betchesbrides is my favourite) they cover all the things you may forget!!
    Definitely! That’s what I did, book all the big vendors and everything else doesn’t seems so big!
    Me too!! Things should pick up and get busy in the summer hey!!?
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

October 8 here!!

Most of the vendors I have selected so far have only required a % of the total as a deposit, minus our venue, which we paid in full but it was HELLLLLLA inexpensive. Most are due the week prior or day off. We've been very blessed that our family is helping quite a bit monetarily, so that is not really a stress concern for me.

I've been trying to follow the task list on this site - as its pretty helpful on when things should be done.

I've just been trying to lock down the important vendors (venue/photographer/ect) and will let the rest fall into place.

But I agree with Jacquie, I feel like I'm stuck in this weird limbo of just waiting so I'm doing what little things I can do for now - crafting gifts/signage/ect.

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Spread sheet!!! Great idea, thank you ☺️

Yeah, it’s a bit of a weird in between period! I feel like I need to get stuff done and be proactive so I’m not stressing with too much to do later!!
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    August 13 here.
    All my vendors gave me exact dates the rest of their fees are due, so I guess I'm following that. I have a spreadsheet for tracking.
    I feel like I'm in an awkward place of there is still a lot to do, but also it's too early I do it.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Of course dear! Anytime!

We also set aside a certain amount of money each month for all of our vendors as so when the time does come to pay them, we have the money ready.

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Such a great idea to keep organized!!
    I didn’t even think about Valentine’s Day sales coming up!! Thank you Amanda!! These are great tips ☺️
    Definitely a good idea to gradually get things especially when sales are on!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

August 7 bride!

I started with making a list of all of my vendors and when they need the rest of their money by. Each of our vendors need money at different times so that made it super easy!

I bought all of our decor gradually throughout the 2 years we were planning for the first wedding date.

We also bought our wedding bands during a big event like Black Friday Week. Since Valentine's Day is coming up you might be able to find a great deal somewhere for wedding bands!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics