Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rebecca
Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador

Cake Flavors

Rebecca, on June 7, 2022 at 10:53

Posted in Wedding reception 50

so i have my dream cake person booked and I'm so incredibly excited because well cake! but here's my issue i have 4 tiers and can choose 4 flavors and my brain can only manager to come up with two flavors... TWO THAT'S IT!!!! & they are incredibly basic flavors one being vanilla and two...

So i have my dream cake person booked and I'm so incredibly excited because well cake! Smiley cake

but here's my issue i have 4 tiers and can choose 4 flavors and my brain can only manager to come up with two flavors... TWO THAT'S IT!!!! & they are incredibly basic flavors one being vanilla and two being Chocolate Pumpkin Spice....

so hit me up with flavors for cake because my brain is not able to comprehend any other flavors...

50 Comments

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My all time favourite cake is strawberry shortcake but only when strawberries are in season. I love the whip cream over the super sweet icing.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The bakery I'm using had an incredible pumpkin spice cake that I loved but as soon as FH heard pumpkin he wouldn't even try it 😯 my oldest son and I loved it....I would have chosen it for one of my flavours for sure. I think the pumpkin is a perfect choice especially for a fall wedding.
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Im learning im a cake virgin and have had nothing other vanilla chocolate and pumpkin and spice cakes well and carrott cake but i dont like that at all

• Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The beauty is i can do whatever i want because possibilities are endless as the cake guy said i just hoping i an have things figured out in advance you know?

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love lemon
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I never thought of lemon!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, I'll come back next year after my wedding and let you know.

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Does the bakery have a list to choose from? I found that helpful for us to pick (we went with donuts but still needed to pick flavors)

Also, do you need to pick 4 different or can you do just 2?

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went with vanilla, chocolate and lemon (cupcakes) and the cutting cake will be lemon as well. Our bakery had an amazing chocolate mint cake they make as well....
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmmm, maybe don't get actual apple pieces - more so just the cake be apple flavor. Or you can do a carrot cake, cinnamon coffee cake (one of my faves), toffee, etc.

• Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My only worry with apple is i fin it gets soggy ish in cakes

• Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I make multiple chocolate pumpkin spice cakes and cupcakes every fall its truly the best steal away!!!

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since your wedding is in fall maybe you can incorporate an apple/caramel tier as well? Where the cake itself will be like a apple flavor with a hint of cinnamon and the filling be incorporated with caramel so it kind of tastes like an apple crisp.

If I was doing 4 tiers, I would keep two the simple of chocolate and vanilla and the other two be something different.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You both did better than me, I'm still thinking of what flavors to do ours. Since we both like Bounty I was thinking chocolate coconut for 1, a vanilla cake with espresso cream. I may steal the pumpkin spice idea since that's another one of our fall favorites.

• Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Its so good!!! the cinnamon with the chocolate and the hint of pumpkin in the filling or cake depending on how its made its one of my favorites!!! i specifically also had a fall wedding to incorporate pumpkins Smiley xd

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ve never had chocolate pumpkin spice but I wish I chose it now especially because my wedding is in fall! I think that’s so unique and fun!!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Were vanilla people but i love chocolate pumpkin spice, and i recognize some people don't like tat and I'm stumped!!!

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg same!! My Aunty is buying our cake as a gift and she found the lady to do it. When she asked me what flavours … I was like vanilla, chocolate and red velvet? Lol I have no idea! But I just figured those were all flavours that people could enjoy and my fiancés favourite is red velvet 😬

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics