Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Newbie August 2023 British Columbia

Budgeting for Wedding

Hannah, on August 14, 2019 at 21:39 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
What are some great ways to budget for your wedding? Or things for the wedding that can actually be cut back cheaper?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Cliodhna, on September 6, 2019 at 05:17
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey there Hannah Smiley smile

Here are some super helpful articles from the WeddingWire ideas section you can check out all about budgeting -

How to Divvy Up Your Wedding Budget

How to Create a Wedding Budget

7 Things You Should Totally Splurge on for Your Wedding Day

Have you and your FS decided on a guest list yet? The number of guests you invite can have a huge impact on your budget!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am loving going through the buy and sell for wedding things. It's a great time of year to see what people are getting rid of for a great price (in most cases). I bought my centerpieces for sssooo cheap. I have some things I need to fix them up for me but I love them.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As Selena said, your guest list count will be key to determining the bulk of your budget. 50 guests vs 200 guests will create a big difference.

Having your wedding in the winter winter will always be cheaper than a summer wedding. Lots of vendors usually have good deals for the winter as well.

DIY decor when you can. I’m not creative so sadly I didn’t DIY any of my decor.

You can always ditch a wedding cake if your venue provides a dessert as well! Cake is actually pretty expensive.

use sites like vista print for invitations. Again, I didn’t do this but I know people who swear by vista print. They also frequently have discounts.
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Determining your guest list first will help a lot!
    We cut out a lot of things that we just didn’t deem necessary-DJ, wedding cake (we already have a dessert with our plated dinner), decorations, all of the “traditions”.
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used the budget on here... I think to start, make a list of what is really important to you. There are so many things that people just do because that's what you see at weddings, but if you don't really care then don't bother. We had our wedding at a restaurant and didn't bother with many decorations, we just used the venues linens that were black and white instead of paying to rent our own.. We saved on some areas because we knew we wanted to have more for other aspects.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics