Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shruti
Newbie September 2019 Ontario

Budget for hair & make up?

Shruti, on August 16, 2018 at 19:34 Posted in Beauty 0 26
I'm just getting into wedding planning/budgeting and feeling a little lost. We're trying to stick to a very tight budget. What should I be budgeting for hair & make up? It would be for me and 3 others (my mom, sis, & MOG). I'd like to keep it super casual (no big up-dos or anything), but I'm still not sure what would be a "safe" budget? The wedding will either be in London or Toronto, ON.

26 Comments

Latest activity by Janis, on September 10, 2018 at 22:52
  • Janis
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Janis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So the closed you are Toronto, the more expensive everything is Smiley sad I was able to find my hair girl by referral but I need to finalize hair trial etc. I got lucky and my cousin is a licensed make up artist. She’s flying in from the US so it’s like a gift for me.
  • Shruti
    Shruti ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, I'll take a look!

• S
    Newbie October 2018 Ontario
    Shakhnoza ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    See if you can get someone from MAC store! Smiley smile
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Madison Artistry ! Found her here on wedding wire Smiley smile
  • Holly
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The salon I'm going to is charging $60 pp for hair and $50 pp for makeup!

• Jessica
    Beginner May 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The vendor I’m using for makeup is called makeupworx. They are based in hamilton not sure how far they travel but the total for makeup is $110 pp
  • Shruti
    Shruti ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a great price! Would you mind sharing the vendor name?

• Shauna
    Beginner May 2022 Ontario
    Shauna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im getting mine done at a hairdressing school and my makeup as well im only having to pay 50 per person 20 for makeup and 30 for hair and same price for trial.

• Samantha
    Curious November 2020 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh damn okay thanks no worrie... Does any one else know of cheap hair and makeup artists for weddings I am on a tigbt budget and a lot of them are way out of budget
  • Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow...seems like Vancouver is the most expensive of all! Hair and make up runs between $350-$600 JUST for the bride alone! Bridesmaids and moms are each $100....Trial is also $100 each. Sigh...Seems like not only is our housing market insane, our wedding industry is as well!

• Holly
    Frequent user November 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Samantha,

Sorry that's what I was quoted from two different people. My makeup artist is coming from Paris ON and my hair person is coming from Simcoe. I'm not sure if they'd travel that far. Sorry for not being any help.

• Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry forgot to add - hair was 75-90/pp and makeup was 90/pp
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I let my bridesmaids decide if they wanted their hair and make up done, some got it and some didn’t. Because it was their choice they paid for it!
  • Samantha
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Would you travel to Chatham?
  • Holly
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

London, ON

• Samantha
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Holly where are you located
  • Holly
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My makeup is $80 per a person and my hair is $80 as well. You can sometimes find it for $140 or a bit less or if you go to a salon sometimes you will get a deal as well. I've found the vendors on here super helpful as well as the buget maker.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married in London, On and found someone to do my makeup and hair for $110 and each bridesmaid is $90 for both hair and makeup!
  • K
    Newbie April 2019 Ontario
    Kenya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MUA is charging me 130. 65 for a trial. 95 for bridesmaids. This is actually the cheapest prices i found. Mac and sephora do appointments.... but just think about what time of day you plan on...sephora is horrible during peak hours.

• Meagan
    Frequent user October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Meagan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was in a wedding in march, makeup was $75 per person and hair was between $65 and $85, depending on the style and how much hair is involved. The mums are usually a little less expensive as they are typically getting less done.

• Shruti
    Shruti ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you all so much Smiley heart ! Seems like 150-200 pp is a good rough estimate. I will definitely check out the vendor part of WW. I was looking on make-up artists' websites before, and a few asked where I'd be getting ready, which I don't really know yet (since I'm still trying to work out a budget). Thanks again Smiley smile

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depends on if you want to go with a specialized company for bridal hair and make up, if so you will pay around $200 each. But you could also go to sephora or somewhere where they do makeovers and it will be under a $100 each. For hair you could go to any salon and ask them to do a simple nice hair style!

• Jordanna
    Curious June 2019 British Columbia
    Jordanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For bride and bridesmaids that I have booked will be $70 for hair and $70 for makeup. Bride and bridesmaids are the same price and it includes a free bridal trail. This seems to be the average on everyone I messaged in my area in BC
  • Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maybe Toronto is more pricey but I’ve been quoted 120150 for brides makeup and then 70-100 for bridesmaid makeup and then the same money for hair as well.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Casey! So far I have been quoted $100-150 for Bridesmaids hair and makeup and 150-200 for my bridal!
    Still in debate on if I'm getting everything as some of my girls want just hair or just makeup.... so hard to choose!!! I also have 7 people I need done in a 4 hour window which makes things trickier too
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It really depends on the services you want. Are you looking to go to a salon or have someone come to your house?
    I’ve booked a woman to come to my house to do hair and makeup for myself, MOH, 3 bridesmaids, flower girl and my step mom. My hair and makeup is $120 and everyone else is $100 except the flower girl. But then I have to pay about $60ish for my trial. This was the cheapest I found in Niagara.
    I recommend using the vendor part of WW and just sending out a request for prices to anyone close by. Then compare what they include and the prices

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics