Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elaine
Frequent user May 2017 Ontario

budget for catering. any advice?

Elaine, on July 25, 2016 at 16:29 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5

Hi everyone, im new to the community anmd im getting married in may next year and this is all quite new to me. im starting to look at catering because thats what pple are telling me im gonna spend most of my budget on... but woooooooaaaa i cant believe the prices im seeing in the caterers estimates like 10000$ of our budget. we're planning to be 100 pple which i consider to b an average wedding. am i wrong to think that 10000 is a lot or is this the price pple are normally paying? how much are u paying for your caterer? any advice?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on October 18, 2016 at 12:40
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Elaine! Nice to see you again Smiley smile

The cost is insane- we are having a cocktail reception later in the evening- which is saving us a ton! we are looking at about 20$ a person for food....maybe look into those options? Buffets also help to reduce, costs, although not by as much.

• Maly
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm having the same issue Elaine! I'm stalling looking because I'm scared of the cost!
  • Olivia
    Frequent user January 2017 Nova Scotia
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends what's included in your catering. How many courses... How many people... If you're having appetizers and cocktail... Will drinks be inlcuded, will you have to pay the bartender, dinnerware, etc... We're paying 35$ per person and this includes silverware, cloth napkins, no alcohol included (just water and juices), salads, three sides, two meats, and serving the plates, plus cleanup.

• Elaine
    Frequent user May 2017 Ontario
    Elaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi em! thanks for the great tips!! i hadnt even thought our reception didnt have to be a full dinner!!! will have a look! Smiley winking we want our reception to be outdoors... well actually everything outdoors. i think it will be really romantic.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Elaine! Smiley heart

Welcome to the community!! Very happy to see you around here! Smiley smile

You're starting to look for catering!? Amazing!! Check out our list of vendors for catering, you can see how much their average catering price per person is.

I guess your budget for catering also depends on the type of food you want to serve.

Have a look at these different discussions to help you choose what kind of reception you would like to have. I'm sure they'll help you find the perfect caterer for you Smiley winking

Buffet or sit-down dinner?

Wedding cake or cupcakes?

5 types of dinner for your reception

Brunch, Lunch or Dinner Reception?

I also see you're getting married in May! Will your reception be indoors or outdoors?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics