Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie August 2019 Alberta

Brillion Photography?

Kristen, on September 8, 2018 at 12:39 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for an affordable photographer for our wedding in Edmonton. I stumbled upon Brillon Photography. The website looks wonderful, but I can’t seem to find any reviews online or a Facebook page. Has anyone used Brillion Photography in Edmonton for their wedding? How were they to work with?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Ben, on June 3, 2024 at 18:19
  • Ben
    Newbie May 2024 Alberta
    Ben ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We did for our wedding and I can’t recommend him to people enough. He was very professional and it was abundantly obvious that he has a lot to wedding experience under his belt. He’s very detail oriented - noticed the small little imperfections that no one would usually notice until after it was too late. He was also very nice and friendly and willing to cater the experience to what we wanted
  • V
    Newbie September 2025 Alberta
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Did you end up using Brillion?
  • Danica
    Newbie July 2023
    Danica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

12/10 I can recommend Ryan and Brillion Photography! He is amazing to work with, kind and patient but keeps things moving to stay on track. He has a calm easy going personality and keeps it so it is fun and not stressful. His talent is amazing and he captures all the perfect moments. You get so many beautiful photos and he always makes the most of his time. He is great at capturing what you want but also takes advantage of situations as they arise. I cannot say enough positive things about him. He is also great at communicating and gets back to you right away!

• Emily
    Newbie October 2018 Alberta
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When it comes to wedding photography, there’s a whole lot of average, and it’s easy to make the wrong choice. With Ryan we very quickly realised that his work was head and shoulders above anything we’d seen before. We drooled over his portfolio and hoped that we’d get something even half as good as the other weddings! We weren’t disappointed at all – the shots we got back were insanely good!! Ryan himself felt like we’d met up with an old friend, he has a great sense of humour and made us feel like we were stars, directing enough to get the perfect photo whilst not saying too much! He exudes a rare passion for his work, getting excited about different photo opportunities and running around looking for spots of light and new moments! He directed our families around perfectly and blended into the background, managing to capture every single special moment! If you’re thinking of using Ryan for any photography, I would 100% urge you to book him! Other photographers are nowhere near the same standard. Thank you Ryan!!
  • Laura
    Newbie October 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We hired Ryan, owner of Brillion Photography, for our wedding last October, and the best word to describe him as a person and as a photographer is "devotion". Our morning didn't go as smoothly as we had anticipated (does it ever?) and Ryan was able to control the room of people and chaos that ensued, all while providing privacy at the same time he was able to captured precious moments as well. He was always at least three steps ahead of everyone when it came to preparing to capture shots, and at one point even had a camera in each hand, one at my husband and one on me while I walked down the aisle! He was incredibly accommodating, always able to be gotten a hold of, and really listened to the dynamics and plans for our wedding day so that he was prepared and ready. He got the shots that worked with each environment we were in, each moment that was had with our guests, and each glance my husband and I shared for us to have and keep with us forever! Thank you for being the eye of love on our wedding day Ryan!

• K
    Newbie August 2018 Alberta
    Kyle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We used Brillion Photography for our wedding in August and had excellent service. We couldn’t ask for a better person to deal with. I never had an issue getting ahold of Ryan and he was always ahead of the game so we didn’t have any last minute issues. Pricing was very good for the workmanship that you got. Ryan was very organized and made the wedding go very smoothly. So with that being said if your looking for quality, good price and someone who is easy to get ahold of I definitely recommend Brillion Photography. You will not be disappointed.
  • R
    Newbie September 2018 Alberta
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Kristen,

If you haven't hired a photographer yet, Ryan from Brillion Photography is the best choice you could make. He's AMAZING. He kept me calm the morning of while I was still decorating the reception hall (lol), he doesn't make people uncomfortable with photos while they have mouthfuls of food (unless we are talking about the cake cutting), he always sees the precious moments, he's awesome at communicating, and will always return calls and emails. He edits HUNDREDS of photos with his base price - my dress got dirty up to my waist because it was rainy and we got married in a parkade and walked across lots of grass - you can't even tell in the photos because of his editing!! My only complaint - there are too many photos to decide which ones to frame!!
    Professionalism - 10/10
    Communication - 10/10
    Quality of Work - 10/10
    Honestly, his prices are a steal of a deal. This guy is the BEST choice.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can't comment on Brillion photography; we hired Naomi Littlewood of Littlewood Photography. The biggest thing I can say is - find someone you like working with. Personalities meshing is a big thing. And ask to look at a full wedding - there were several photographers we looked at that we loved the look of their best photos on their website, but when they provided their full wedding images, I really didn't like the style.

• Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are using Brillion Photography for our wedding in January. Ryan had been very accommodating and receptive to feedback. He even edited a few photos for us further on our engagement session. I would look at composition and just have a conversation with any photographer you go with on how you don’t want them to cut legs off at funny angles or if you want things to look a certain way.

Also you get lots of photos and will then after pick the ones you like for further editing. He does basic editing before he uploads them to your own online album. Then further editing price will change depending on what you want done. We do enjoy working with Ryan and when I get home I can post some of the pictures he took of our engagement session. We had our dogs at the session and it went really well and he was very patient with the dogs.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics