Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Courtney
Super July 2018 Ontario

Bridesmaids Hair/make Up

Courtney, on January 17, 2018 at 20:33 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7

So, I am not requiring my bridesmaids to have their hair and make up professionally done. However, I am having mine professionally done and letting them know they can use my team if they'd like.

Ideally I would LOVE to cover either hair OR make up for each girl (I can't afford to cover both for sure), but I'm not sure I can swing to cover 60 dollars for each girl on top of the bridesmaids gifts I'm giving them. I'm trying to think of a nice way to say to them that I can cover a portion for them (25-30 dollars at this point) without sounding tacky and cheap?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Kristine, on January 24, 2018 at 10:30
  • Kristine
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Kristine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could cover hair/makeup as their gifts?

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you can just be honest with your girls. I would send them a message to let them know that you need the numbers of who will be using your team by a certain date (most makeup and hair stylists need to know ahead of time so they can budget their time accordingly) and that you will be covering some of the cost.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Some brides will offer to pay for those services instead of a gift, but if you already have gifts bought, you could tell them that they are welcome to use the services if they like and let them know the prices ahead of time so they can plan out their budgets.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have to pay a deposit for the service? For my hair place, I had to pay a $25 deposit per person. I thought I would cover the deposit and they can pay the rest the day of.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could say that as part of their bridesmaids gifts you are covering a portion of their hair/makeup if they choose to have your team do theirs as well, either way I’m sure they will be glad to have the help!
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know that some brides have used this as their gift to them rather than something else, so you may consider that rather than doing both.

Just let them know that if they are interested in either of these, that you'll cover a portion of one or the other, it may be the persuasion they need to take one of the options over doing it themselves.

• Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that they will appreciate any help! Or even just having someone there as an option to use. My MOH only asked me to book her in and she would pay so I had to let her know I was already planning on paying for it (I only have MOH in my wedding party), I told her ahead of time so she didn't have to plan that part

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics