Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaylee
Newbie August 2022 British Columbia

Bridesmaids | Groomsmen

Kaylee, on December 31, 2020 at 17:16 Posted in Wedding fashion 1 7
Hi🤍
My bridesmaids will be wearing a mix of colours (mismatched) including burgundy, burnt orange / rust, and blush amongst other colours. My partner is going for kind of casual, a white button up (but won’t be buttoned all the way up), a jacket, formal pants and shoes but we cannot decide on a colour for his pants / jacket and for his groomsmen. We will not be doing bows / ties.
Should the other men wear white button ups as well? I do not want to do navy / blue. I think i’m leaning towards just black and white for them but what are some other suggestions? I will attach some pictures of the aesthetic so you can get a better idea. Happy planning 🤍✨☁️Bridesmaids | Groomsmen 1

7 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsey, on August 8, 2021 at 16:10
  • Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

what about something like this? You could put your groomsmen in a button up (either plain white or a subtle print like in this photo) and do some kind of neutral/earthy or even khaki coloured pants, suspenders pictured but that would be up to your personal preference. I think it works here

Bridesmaids | Groomsmen 2

• Miriah
    Newbie August 2022 Ontario
    Miriah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think what you are planning to do is beautiful! I am planning on mismatched bridesmaid dresses as well, and this is one of my photo inspos on pinterest :p

The groomsmen, I might add just vest or something simple to differentiate from your groom, depending on the formality of your wedding the groomsmen could just wear their button up as well, since you are not doing ties/bowties! I wouldn't mix black and grey in my opinion though (too much mismatching with the bridesmaids already doing this)

• Sabrina
    Curious July 2022 Ontario
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The colors you've chosen for your girls are beautiful. I think grey, navy or black would go well and here's why: Navy would add a punch of color and would be perfect for a late summer or fall wedding. If you're getting married in the spring or early summer, I would go with a grey (light or charcoal), as it's light and brighter (spring/summer are "happy tones"). The black is a classic and since you don't have bright orange (Halloween) shades, it would look classy and clean.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Charcoal/grey is so much more versatile and in my opinion looks better than black unless you're going full tux or something. I also think you should reconsider navy. It would look so nice with your bridesmaid dress colours!

I think white shirts will look nice with any option.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is my personal preferences based on menswear, so take it with a grain of salt, and of course feel free to use or not use any of the ideas.

If you're going the casual look, I suggest charcoal or grey over black. Not only is black a super formal colour, it'll also burn your guys in the August heat if you plan on doing anything outdoors. And with black suits, your guys will have very little use for them after the wedding except funerals (black suits aren't used for work other than security guards and limo drivers lol).

Charcoal won't contrast as hard with the white shirts and will compliment most skin tones better than black. They also look better in photos.

Bridesmaids | Groomsmen 3

You can coordinate the groomsmen with the bridesmaids with a pocket square. They don't need to match exactly but an assortment of blush/earth tone pocket squares would go nicely.

Bridesmaids | Groomsmen 4

I know you said no navy/blue shirts but what about a dark navy suit? They're also very versatile and can work if you want to incorporate some of the pink or blush into your guys' ensemble.

Bridesmaids | Groomsmen 5

Bridesmaids | Groomsmen 6

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think black or charcoal grey would look good on the guys and would contrast nicely with the girls. White shirts are simple and classy (and easy to find).

You could put the groomsmen in grey and your husband in back or vice versa. If they are buying their own outfits and you're ok with a little mismatched like the bridesmaids then I'd go grey (since even charcoal can have slight variation), if you want them to look the same I'd go black.
  • Kaylee
    Newbie August 2022 British Columbia
    Kaylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bridesmaids | Groomsmen 7
    Just to add - here’s some inspo for my partner. I definitely think i’m leaning towards white and black but still want to hear what others find most appealing and if the groomsmen should be wearing the same. ❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics