Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maddi
Newbie February 2024 Ontario

Bridesmaids gowns

Maddi, on June 21, 2022 at 16:02 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10
Weird question, is the bride supposed to purchase the bridesmaids dresses? Or do the bridesmaids buy them themselves?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on July 4, 2022 at 14:23
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bridesmaids buy their dresses unless you have the budget to fit the cost for all of them. Its costly for sure and to go over budget of your day. Part of the gift to give them on the day of the wedding can be earrings or jewelry to match their dresses. Our MOHs bought their sarees and paid for their blouse tailoring.
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancee's MOH and bridesmaids chose and bought their own dresses & shoes. The only condition was that they all be the same color - they chose their own styles.

• Scarlett
    Florida
    Scarlett ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The most logical thing would be for the ladies to buy their own dresses because everyone has their own tastes

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It really depends on you and what you are able to pay for

i personally decided to pay for hair and make up for my girls and give them the freedom to order their dress when ready and order any style just had to be in their colors.

me paying for their hair and make up worked out to be roughly the same as if i were paying for their dresses.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend just had her wedding this past weekend, she paid for the dresses but had them pay for their hair and makeup. I'm getting my girls to pay for their dresses and I'm paying their hair but they are on their own for makeup. It's really up to you and your budget.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our children are our wedding party so we are covering the dresses, hair and makeup. A dear friend is my MOH, we will have that discussion later this year before we go shopping.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's what works for you and your bridal party. I only have my moh standing up for me and she paid for her dress and shoes. I payed for her earrings clutch and makeup.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it is more common for the bridesmaids to pay for them. Mine paid for theirs. Every wedding I've been in, it was up to be to pay for my own dress
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In my experience, typically the bridal party pay for their clothes. It's pretty much an unspoken clause that there is a cost involved when one signs up to be a bridal party member (bridesmaids or groomsmen). How much that cost is will depend on the couple.

I would personally be flexible and work with their budgets. Though brides often want to control every detail of their wedding, having close friends and family feel forced to spend beyond their means to satisfy a particular aesthetic feels like the antithesis of bringing loved ones together to celebrate a joyous occasion. That's just me and my two cents.

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly it depends. So I am paying for earrings for the day of, their hair and make-up and their nails. They will be purchasing their own dresses, shoes (if they want to get a new pair) and any other accessories they may want to wear.

I wrote my wedding party a document of anything that I expect from them and what they should expect from me so there was no awkward moment when a time comes on who will be footing the bill.

They can pay for everything or you can pay for everything, or the best case; mix and match on who pays for what.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics