Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexis
Curious October 2018 Ontario

Bridesmaids gifts

Alexis, on November 23, 2017 at 18:28 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
Hello all,
I'm wondering what suggestions people have to ask people to be your bridesmaids. I read somewhere where people recommended that you go through a list of items and expectations to see if the person is still interested.

What are you paying for for your bridesmaids?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 18, 2017 at 10:06
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our MOD got perfumes samples box as gifts though that was in our budget as our Best men received calvin klien sets.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just straight up asked my girls if the wanted to be my bridesmaid/MOH in casual conversation while hanging out with each one on one.
    It is my biggest pet peeve that weddings cost a lot of money, especially for the wedding party, so my gift to my 5 girls is that it will not have any required costs to be in the wedding. I bought all of their bridesmaid dresses for them (averaging $150 each and they each got to pick their own) and they can wear whatever they like on the day of the wedding with the dress (shoes, jewlery) and are not required to buy anything they do not already own. I am not asking them to get their hair/makeup done proffessionaly so they are on the hook for that if they choose to. Aside from their dresses i will likely write each a card but i cant afford to spend any more money on gifts than that.
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was planning to pay for hair and makeup. However a few of my girls are fantastic at makeup so I may have them do all of our makeup instead, save a bit of money. I also plan to get them a necklace each as a thank you for being a part of my day/thanks for putting up with crazy bride me. When I asked them to be my bridesmaids I have them a little box with a wine bottle accessory, a premade and packaged shot and a note saying "shit just got real, be my bridesmaids?" They loved it! But be careful when picking! I unfortunately have regrets and am now dealing with that..
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Considering paying for hair and makeup. It will be $130 each, which is a lot, but not in the grand scheme of things whole wedding cost wise.

I plan on putting them to work, so only seems fair lol.

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did custom hangers, body lotion and robes for the girls. I really wanted to pay for their hair and/or makeup - but I couldn't find room in the budget.
    Hubby did a customized booze label & giftcard for the guys.
    We also paid for their drinks the night of the wedding.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just flat out asked my bridesmaids if they would like to stand with me. They both live far away so I did it via text. As for their gifts, I got them a reusable eco-tote, monogrammed blanket and a bath bomb. We also decided to pay for their hair and makeup.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think bridesmaid 'proposal' gifts are adorable but they're not necessary. I got my maids a bottle of wine each and found a bunch of free printables online asking them to be in the wedding party. You could also just ask them and then arrange for a night out to go for drinks and appetizers on you so you guys can get together and talk wedding stuff as a group and get the ball rolling!

For the wedding itself, I gave each of my 3 girls the jewelry I wanted them to wear the day-of, sunglasses and wallets. I shopped around for a year, got things on sale and was constantly on the lookout for things I thought would make a good gift. Especially with black Friday and cyber Monday, you can get some great deals!

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I asked each of my girls to be in my wedding party with a personalized box with little cute wedding items. (initial necklace from Claire's, bride tribe sun glasses, ring pop). I wasn't going to pay for any of them to get their dresses or hair and make up since I have 6 in my party. But for a gift I got them a mug with their initial on it, socks that say bridesmaid on the bottom and shalls/scarves to wear outside during pictures but they can also use them after the wedding.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made them boxes with little things in side of them, made a confetti popper that had a piece of paper asking them to be in my party and a personalized card. There was lip balm, candies and a mini bottle of champagne in the boxes. My fiancé did something similar for his guys.

As for the party, I'm probably going to pay for their hair. They are $60 a person. I'm still unsure about this though because I've done everything I can to make this as cheap as possible for them. Our dresses are half the price than what we would have paid here in the city and I told them to wear an old pair of shoes that they had lying around in a certain colour rather than buying a new pair.

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Some people also pay for their dresses, although I am aware of cases where this was not expected.
  • Olivia
    Newbie March 2018 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't worry, just tell your best friends that you want their presence on your special day! I asked mine with a personalized necklace with their names and my own thank you words.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics