Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jillian
Frequent user September 2022 Ontario

Bridesmaids gifts

Jillian, on August 20, 2019 at 18:13 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14

For those paying for your bridesmaids hair and make up, how much are you paying, and are you also doing a smaller gift and how much are you spending on that?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Danielle, on September 15, 2019 at 19:40
  • Danielle
    Frequent user July 2022 Manitoba
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Since our wedding is so far away we have tons of time to save, so I'm thinking of doing hair and makeup for each girl, plus I'm going to have tote bags for each girl (myself, MOH, 2 BMs, and FG if FH and I or MOH and best man have a girl - we're both planning to have kids between now and then). Each tote bag will contain a water bottle, a name necklace, a pair of pajamas, a robe, and a pair of flip flops or slippers. All personalized, of course! There's also a decent chance that I'll just pay for most of it out of my own pocket rather than the wedding budget. We're looking at 2022 or 2023 so that's less than $50/month (calculated for 36 months) which I can totally afford.

I'm a super crafty person so aside from the necklace which I don't have the tools for I'm planning to just buy the items and personalize them myself with some vinyl and/or rhinestones. Smiley smile

We'll also be staying at the B&B onsite, and we get to set up the day before since we're going to get married on a Friday (and they only do events on weekends). Since we're booking so far out I'm going to contact them the second they open bookings for our year and snatch up our date, the B&B, *and* rehearsal space on Thursday. So FH and I (and anyone who's available to help but I don't think we'll really need it tbh) will arrive at noon on Thursday to set up, and while we're at it I'll put the dresses, bluetooth speaker, and emergency kits in the getting ready area, and then set out the gift bags in the B&B. Smiley smile

Oh, and since the flower girl will only be like 2 at the time, we won't go crazy on makeup for her. Just enough to make her feel special and included. Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Frequent user September 2021 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends on your budget. For myself I am buying their hair, make up and jewelry (earrings and a bracelet)

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was in three weddings in one year each of my brides bought me a piece of jewelry to wear on the day of the wedding. It was more than enough. Don't stress to much. Stay on budget as much as you can....
  • A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only have my MOH and hair and makeup is $150. I also bought her some things from Bath & Bodyworks, which she loves, and a couple of other things more personal to her. I guess it really depends on how many people you have in your bridal party and what your budget is like. I was in a wedding where the bride gifted us hair, makeup and the jewelry to wear on the day of the wedding.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My party is doing their own hair and make up or they can choose to get it done. but i bought them small gifts each and a robe!! so maybe spent $30 each! we are paying for our wedding ourselves so we dont have a ton to spend on gifts however im going to write them each a personal thank you note!

• Nikki
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Nikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When I asked each of them to be a bridesmaid, I bought a bottle of wine and personalized label. I'll also be paying for their hair and buying a robe. Probably about $80 each for 6 girls.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this I know my MOH loves perfumes. I will keep this in mind. Thank you. I only have one person to buy for so I could go a bit crazy on gifts for her. I have to ask if she wants her hair or makeup done since she really hates other people doing it for her. I think last time someone did her hair she took it out and redid it in less than an hour.... it looked way better when she did it herself I have to admit....
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a small budget so I’m not - but if I was paying for hair/makeup I would keep the gift small, under 30$ max each... or something handmade! ☺️
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We spoiled my bridesmaids. I paid for hair and make up, $10 to have leggings made with maid of honor and bridesmaid lettering, personalized button up baseball jersey and jewelry for all three. I would say we spent about $250 on everything per person.

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have 3 bridesmaids and 1 MOH (sister). 2 are overseas, so I am paying for their dresses. I am also paying for all of their hair and makeup. I got them a matching proposal bracelet gift from Etsy (about 10 cad each), and planning to hand out matching get-ready robes and a thank you box with small gifts (masks, lipstick, etc) before the day of Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For our MOHs, they were hairstylists and did each others hair which saved them that cost and another that does make up which was another savings for them. The only expense they incurred were their saris (Indian garments) and top blouse tailoring costs.

As far as wedding party gifts, both MOHs received a perfume sampler box set. They got to choose their fragrance. We decided to keep it simple and easy so that unneeded extras wasn't given.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have 4 girls in my wedding party. I paid for their hair and makeup which is $100 each. I bought them personalized water bottles ($15 each) and then those fabric elastics with the knots in them that say “bridesmaid”. A pack of 5 was $15, so less than $120 a person
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought my sisters dress for her and I think her make up and hair together is $250, I’m not giving any other gifts aside from that.
  • Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm paying for their hair and it will be about $150 each, and I got them each a pair of white sapphire earrings that I will surprise them with on the day of. Those were about $40 each. I'm not sure what the norm to spend is, but I only have 3 girls in my wedding party so I wanted to spend a decent amount.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics