Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Frequent user September 2022 Saskatchewan

Bridesmaids dresses

Cc, on May 24, 2022 at 13:03 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10
Do the bridesmaids dresses have to match or can it be as long as they are in long and same color?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Jenny, on May 26, 2022 at 03:46
  • Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can do whatever feels right to you 😊 I wanted everyone to match so that’s what we’re doing, but I’ve seen pics of same colour different dress, everyone in completely different dresses, etc.
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally, I LOVE the look of mix matched. It can as mixed up as different colors, or it can be the same color but different styles.

• Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They don’t even have to be the same colour! I say this as both a newly married bride who mixed it up and as a graphic designer who works with colour daily Smiley winking I gave each my girls a colour in the palette that I knew would suit them and asked them to buy any dress at all that they wanted! I actually only saw one of their dresses in person before the big day and I love how it turned out. Most importantly, they all got to choose something that felt like them and spend whatever they were comfortable with, and I never had to worry once Smiley smile
    Bridesmaids dresses 1

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can do whatever you please!!

https://youtu.be/DtpIuZEn7i0
    Here’s a video from a wedding planner Jamie wolfer who gives great tips on doing mismatched or matched dresses!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There are no rules on what bridesmaids have to wear! Do what you want to do for your wedding ! All same color but different styles different colors and same style etc. It's your wedding day there's no right or wrong answer!
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a bit of a different situation. For accessories, if you want them to look a specific way I would let them know right away so they don't go out and purchase these with their own money only to be told they are not allowed to wear it.

I have told my bridal party that I don't care for the hairstyle and make up they choose and I am buying their earrings to wear that I would personally like them to wear. I also told them they don't need hair accessories because it is not necessary for them.

Overall I would tell them what you expect from them in terms of hair and accessories. It is your wedding so if you want them to have the same dress in the same color with a specific hair style that does not include accessories, you are allowed to tell them that. They gotta remember that it is your wedding, so what you essentially decide, is what they gotta do. And if they don't like that they shouldn't of agreed to be apart of the wedding party.

• Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It can be anything you want! It's your day so whatever you want for your big day 😊
    If something seems to much I would express your feelings about it
  • C
    Frequent user September 2022 Saskatchewan
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What about accessories my bridesmaids are like wanting all this hair stuff etc and it seems to much
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Totally up to you. Some go for the mixed colors and different styles, different color but same style and vice versa.

For my wedding, since I only have 2 in my wedding party I am going for the same color, and different style. Their bodies are like polar opposites of each other and I don't want to make one uncomfortable based on the style of dresses.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nowadays there's no rules for bridesmaid dresses! I had mine all the same colour, length and similar styles. My friend is having all different colours and different styles! It's all about what you want!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics